You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

Forgot to post in the Fasting thread yesterday.  115 at bedtime Saturday night, 91 fasting Sunday morning.
94 at bedtime last night, 101 fasting this morning.

I really dislike the time change too. It messes me up for several days.

My first computer was an IBM in 1998 (don't remember the model) my kids bought it for me. I taught myself all my bad habits on that computer!
  :-[

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

185 this morning.

Predictions for snow starting at 11m last night didn't materialize until around 5am this morning. Hopefully, the expected foot of snow will be similarly incorrect.

Thanks for the link, SKB. I guess before I toss it, it might be fun to try plugging in that old PC to see if anything still works. After all this time laying inert, I doubt the hard drive is operable but we'll see.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

143 this morning.

Having some skin challenges recently where I place my infusion set.  Skin gets red and irritated to the point where I get welts.  Oh well.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  There is only a slight chance of any rain here but most of Southern California is looking at a decent amount of rain and snow in the mountains.  Major concern is the Santa Barbara burn areas from the huge Thomas fire.  Evacuations in place for a big part of the area.
Yeah, it would be fun to flip it on Tamagno.  Electronics can sit idle for a very long time and still be OK.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

94 this clear morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

Rain in forecast for tomorrow, snow for Thursday. Road is still really muddy. My neighbor has been dragging it to make it smooth, but if it rains tomorrow it will be a mess again.

Tomorrow should be last Oncologist appointment.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Carbcrazydog

130 today morning. We have a 'i lose i win' challenge in office where I am participating. The team who loses the most % weight gets real fancy bose headphones. I have 10 kgs to go so am trying hard.

2 major things i am planning to do is 1) cut out sugar completely. I have been "tasting" a lot of sugary stuff these days. 2) no diet soda. Have been struggling to give up this habit since years.

Apart from these i need to add walking/workout and also schedule meal times so that there are no late night dinners.

skb

Paulomi,

The easiest and the best way is to achieve Nutritional Ketosis.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Our predicted snow yesterday didn't amount to much at all, thankfully!

Grammabear, I also spent much of yesterday hassling with infusion sets. My usual problems of no fat, but also I finally discovered insulin delivery was being occluded by a tiny air pocket that I was able to correct by refilling the line and cannula. This stuff can be tricky!

Bigskygal, I'm also seeing my oncologist today; hoping for good results from my last scan.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

123 this morning.

I saw the doctor yesterday for a checkup on diabetes management.  I have been struggling with the influenza in January, infected cyst and UTIs in February and she tells me I am doing good considering the challenges.  She suggested using a 'moisturising body wash' for the irritation I am having.  However she didn't suggest a brand.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Good luck to BigSkyGal and Tamagno as they see their onocologists.  Hoping for very good reports.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We did get some rain yesterday.  About 15 min. of a cloudburst with thunder and lightening.  Dumped really hard for the 15 min. then it was gone. 
I have a colonoscopy tomorrow so the liquid diet today and clean out, ugh.  Have to get up early, apt is for 7:15 AM and it's an hour and a half drive. 
Grammabear, maybe something like this :
https://www.cetaphil.com/cleansers?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=GOOGLE&utm_campaign=Brand+-+Cleanser+-+Core&utm_keyword=cetaphil+cleanser&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkKPVBRDtARIsAA2CG6F5nb296wNNlijD6ExFORi-j-pB8agDaBYSl9jqhMX_OAiBIn4KSYsaAl85EALw_wcB&dclid=COGF9_T469kCFR2uTwodtgQN2Q
My dermatologist recommends Cetaphil and it seems to work for me.
Tamagno and Barbara, hoping for good news from both of you.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: skb on March 14, 2018, 02:18:07 AMThe easiest and the best way is to achieve Nutritional Ketosis.
And the easiest/best way to achieve that is https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/7-tips-to-get-into-ketosis#section4

bigskygal

95 this cloudy morning, 94 at bedtime last night.

My road to the street is a disaster! About 5" deep of mud, all sorts of ruts to get stuck in. Thank goodness for 4WD!

All went well at the dr today. No changes in the spots on my lungs and he said that would be the last CT there. Last time he said this was my last appointment, but today he said one more which will put me at 5 yrs 1mo out. Oh well All is still good...

Tamagno

135 this morning.

My oncology visit came out pretty good as well. I turned up with a spot in my thyroid I've got to have checked and managed somehow to lose another 1/2 lb., but otherwise everything is good and Bigskygal, I won't have another scan until summer which is great.

Thing is, I feel really the best I have in years and my glucose is under much better control, so I'm delighted to have everything as is.

skb

Great news Barb & John  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

81 this morning.  Well, a diet of broth, jello and water sure keeps the bg down.   :D   The clean out is not fun though. 
My appointment got changed to 1/2 an hour later so I don't have to leave until 6:00 AM so I had time to post. 
Good news Barbara and Tamagno.  Glad to hear it.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023