You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Took my first pill yday! Not sure about gastric issues but i did have some flu like symptoms at night. Was better after sleep.

I am going to another city for 3 days for work. Its exciting but i feel so jittery leaving the kids behind. Mom's guilt at work. Sometimes when a neighbour sees me at the apartment walkway, they act surprised that i am alone without the kids or a dog. It is going to take a lot of work- conscious work- to step away and let them do their thing.

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on March 23, 2018, 06:16:56 AM
I am going to another city for 3 days for work.

If you're coming here, do drop in. But my guess is you're south bound.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Rain again yesterday, light but steady most all day.  For the most part the burn areas did not have any major flooding or mudslides and people were allowed to return home.  Mammoth Mountain Ski Area got major snow from this storm.  At the Main Lodge 54 inches and at the summit 70 inches.  Base at the summit is 175 inches or 14.5 feet.  They expect to be skiing through May.
CCD, good to hear you are doing OK with the Metformin.  I have been lucky and have always taken the regular Met. and have had no problems.     
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

97 this partly cloudy morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on March 23, 2018, 06:40:23 AM
Quote from: Carbcrazydog on March 23, 2018, 06:16:56 AM
I am going to another city for 3 days for work.

If you're coming here, do drop in. But my guess is you're south bound.

Travelling to Delhi but next time I am in Mumbai, will surely look you up!

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on March 24, 2018, 01:12:55 AM
Travelling to Delhi but next time I am in Mumbai, will surely look you up!

Sure. You're welcome. It would be nice to meet forum friends.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Shanny

Over the years I've met f2f several people I met online, and it's really nice. In fact, on one forum, we had a coupla group gatherings . . . once in Nashville & another time in Chicago. I've also had friends I met online actually come visit me in my home.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Glad to hear the Metformin is okay, CCD!

So, my experiment with steel-cut oats continues. It quickly became apparent that these things really do need to cook a while, so yesterday afternoon I made up a batch done in half heavy cream and half water. It took almost an hour for them to cook at which point I put them in a casserole in the 'fridge. This morning I took out a portion that I reheated in my coffee. Not sure yet if I think it's worth the trouble.

I've never had the pleasure of meeting personally anyone from this or our prior group. It would be interesting and fun, but it's difficult to imagine a circumstance that would come about to make that possible. Of course, should any of you find yourselves coming to northwestern Connecticut, let me know.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on March 24, 2018, 05:32:09 AM
I've never had the pleasure of meeting personally anyone from this or our prior group. It would be interesting and fun, but it's difficult to imagine a circumstance that would come about to make that possible. Of course, should any of you find yourselves coming to northwestern Connecticut, let me know.

A Diabetic Pub get-together would be real fun, though it shall always remain wishful thinking, spread across the globe as we are.

My son was a student in Boston for a couple of years, but that was before DP was born. I intended to visit & look up some friends from the old forum, but even that did not materialise. One Indian member from Chennai (from the south of India) did visit me briefly once, but that was more to do with my blog than the forum. And then another Indian member (on both forums) based in Istanbul did come to Mumbai last year, but somehow our timings did not agree and we had to skip the meeting for another time.

I have family in Hyderabad, but we're not on good terms now otherwise meeting up with Paulomi was pretty easy for me. A part of our establishment was once located in Hyderabad, but not anymore. I have been a regular visitor to that city from the mid 80s until 2012, not any more.

If any of you are inclined, I am game for a Skype, Face Time or Google Hangout 1-to-1 / conference call.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Carbcrazydog

quick imp question- i am not having any major side effects with metformin- a little bit of nausea and little diarrhea. However, i constantly feel my heart is racing. My resting heartbeat is between 85-95 which is higher than usual but even when i was sleeping i felt my heart racing.

Is this normal? Or should i restart my medication once i am back from travel?

Grammabear

69 this morning.

Tamagno - My husband cooks his steel cut oats in a double boiler and it takes him about 45 min depending on which brand he buys.  He then divides them into individual servings and refrigerates it for another day.

Is it terribly important to be keeping track of macro and micro nutrients on LCHF?  It is my desire to lose weight and it just isn't happening.  I must be doing something wrong.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on March 24, 2018, 08:51:35 AM
quick imp question- i am not having any major side effects with metformin- a little bit of nausea and little diarrhea. However, i constantly feel my heart is racing. My resting heartbeat is between 85-95 which is higher than usual but even when i was sleeping i felt my heart racing.

Is this normal? Or should i restart my medication once i am back from travel?

A higher heart rate could be a side effect of the Metformin although it is not common.  I don't think 85-95 is high enough to be alarmed about and it may only be for a short time.  If it continues you may want to talk to your doctor.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on March 24, 2018, 09:43:46 AM

Is it terribly important to be keeping track of macro and micro nutrients on LCHF?  It is my desire to lose weight and it just isn't happening.  I must be doing something wrong.  :(

I think it depends on what you are trying to do.  I desire to stay in a ketogenic state and want my macros to be around :
5% carbs
80% fat
15% protein
I am usually quite close to that every day and that helps control my blood sugar and keep me in keto.  I don't try to keep track of micro nutrients, I think that would be very difficult.  I use the food log in my Fitbit account and MyFitneess Pall also works well to keep track of your food and convert to percentages.  It is a bit of work at first but as you build a list of favorite food it becomes easier.  You do have to weigh and measure everything to make it useful but again it becomes easier with time.
I lost a fair bit of weight when I started LCHF but I also ate smaller portions because I was not as hungry.  I have found that the amount of food I take in each day matters, no matter what the macros are.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

walkerwally1

114 this morning.  It helps to check things out before eating them.  Last night my BIL made frozen breaded onion rings and I grabbed 3 thinking that it couldn't be bad.  I have had good luck with 3-4 French fries and thought the onion rings would be the same.  My bg reading 2 hours after dinner was 125 and for me that is high.  I read the package this morning and saw that a serving was 3 and carbs = 16.  I usually try to keep carbs down to 20-25 a day.  I think I will stay away from onion rings in the future.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

bigskygal

99 this windy morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.