You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

I think I'd have beat a hasty exit myself, about the time something thumped against my shoe! You're a better girl than I, KK! <3

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Thanks, Wally, I figured some such maintenance would be in order. Definitely a mounting consideration.

I got up too early this morning and may have myself to beat a hasty retreat back to sleep after I've had breakfast where I trust I'll encounter no pesky critters...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rocky

Hello Everyone,

How're things ? @shanny lovely pictures.

92 this morning.

Any news from ccd ?
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Well, the wind was not bad yesterday instead of the advisory but it started howling last night and it is still pretty heavy this morning.  The advisory is through Monday so today could be crummy.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

142 this morning and I am pretty sure that higher number came from the homemade rhubarb crisp I made for our supper last evening.  I love rhubarb and it is a rite of Spring when the rhubarb grows big enough to cut and use.  Must remember 'portion control' however.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning, 110 at bed time last night.

it rained overnight and more during the day. Seems to be more coming this evening. High today 52°F (11.11°C).

Rocky, nice to see you posting again.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

111 this morning.

Great to see you back, Rocky! It doesn't seem that CCD has posted lately so hopefully we'll hear from her again shortly.

You know, Grammabear I don't believe I've ever had rhubarb somehow. I think maybe it's a good time to try.

Well, it was fairly cold here last night with lows in the mid-30s but that'll be it for a while as we're headed up into the low 80s by Wednesday. Can't wait to break out the grill and find my summer salad recipes!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

142 this morning.

John - rhubarb is a really sour fruit and you only eat the stalks, never the leaves as they are considered poisonous.  Rhubarb requires some kind of sweetener, whether sugar or artificial because most people cannot tolerate the tartness of it otherwise.  My Mother used to make rhubarb sauce for us as children and we would eat it anytime she made it.

Edit:  I stand corrected.  I read on another website this afternoon that rhubarb is thought to be a fruit, but it is in fact a vegetable.  The website 'Simplysohealthy' has a number of lower carb recipes and that is where I found a recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb upside down cake.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  The wind was really howling yesterday and until about 11:00 PM last night.  It is calm now and today should be nice.  Tomorrow we may see some light rain but I am skeptical.  National Weather Service says 60% chance but even if it does it won't be much.
My grandmother used to make rhubarb pie and I really liked it.  Not something I would try now. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I haven't eaten rhubarb in years. We used to have a plant or two, but I haven't been to the garden in so long that I don't know if they're still alive.

I used to mix it with strawberries, which are somewhat sweeter than rhubarb, but it still takes an enormous amount of sweetening to make it edible, and sugar is what I always used in those days.

bigskygal

101 this rainy morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

Raining in the morning, cleared later, but now this evening, it is raining again. High was 52°F (11.11°C).

I used to love strawberry rhubarb pie!! We had it growing in the garden when I was a kid and my mom would make stewed rhubarb when it was in season. Sure do miss it!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on April 30, 2018, 08:17:17 PM
101 this rainy morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

Raining in the morning, cleared later, but now this evening, it is raining again. High was 52°F (11.11°C).

I used to love strawberry rhubarb pie!! We had it growing in the garden when I was a kid and my mom would make stewed rhubarb when it was in season. Sure do miss it!!

My Grandma also used to make stewed rhubarb.  I remember it tasting so good over homemade vanilla ice cream.  :)
Too bad I don't live closer to you because we have a LOT of rhubarb here especially now when the weather is cooler in the mid 70s and 80s.  Once it hits 90 deg F and above the rhubarb sort of 'wilts'. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Tamagno

137 this morning.

I'm starting to see rhubarb in some food news I follow. It might make an interesting condiment as jam or maybe chutney.

In any event, this afternoon promises some much warmer weather so my menus will be changing. Yesterday we got out the patio chairs (a two-person chore best done via a wire hoist to get them to the deck from the basement) and today I'll get the grill out there. By tomorrow whatever remains of winter casseroles goes in the freezer and burgers will be grilled and served with a sweet and sour Asian salad. By all means drop by if any of you are around!

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  Well, it may rain today and then it might not.  If it does apparently it won't be much.  Possible thunderstorms later this afternoon so if under one of those there could be a downpour.  Unusual for here in May and it has been a very dry spring. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

95 this morning.

Today is 70 deg F and it is only 9 a.m.  The breeze made for good sleeping last night.

John - Your summer menu sounds delicious, wish I lived closer to have a taste.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021