You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

111 this cloudy morning, 110 at bedtime last night. Don't know where these numbers are coming from...but it is what it is.

Tamagno, yum your menu sounds delish!!

Grammabear, wish I did live closer. I'd like to play around with a way to be able to eat rhubarb again. Gotta love a fruit/veggie with your name in it...barb!  ;D

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on April 30, 2018, 08:37:31 AMMy Mother used to make rhubarb sauce for us as children and we would eat it anytime she made it.
The best thing I used to make with it was to place a layer of chopped/sweetened rhubarb in a shallow baking dish & then sprinkle a dry Jiffy cake mix over it, followed by a layer of chopped pecans and a drizzle of melted butter (1½ sticks) zigzagged over all. Bake for an hour at 350°. Even people who swore they hated rhubarb would eat this dessert! =D

Tamagno

183 this morning.

Wound up being busy all day yesterday getting the grill out, grocery shopping and cooking. Didn't really notice until later that I managed to bruise some ribs somewhere along the way but I sure don't remember doing it.

Anyway, it was fantastic to have grilled burgers! I was nervous about my veggie salad as I accidentally dumped way too much dried chipotle powder in it. Thankfully, I was able to add more oil, etc. and it came out great.

Today we're forecast for even warmer weather with afternoon highs in the low 80s - tonight will be grilled chicken thighs.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

74 this morning.

For excitement yesterday I tried to find what was wrong with my computer.  The end result is that I think I have a remote access trojan.  My brother will come this morning and try to figure out a way to find its hiding place and erradicate it.  Wikipedia says that RAT is harder to find than a virus.  It was my own fault I got it or whatever it is that is causing problems.

Thanks Shanny for the recipe idea, my everlovin hubby will thank you forever as he loves his desserts.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  Well, we got rain !  It started light about 2:00 PM and then after about 20 min. it actually rained.  Real drops splashing on the cement !  We ended up with a 1/4 of an inch which may not be a lot to some but for here it is significant.  It wet things down nicely.  Now it is going to start to warm up and it should be in the 90's by Friday. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

95 another cloudy morning with  light rain lighter. 102 at bedtime last night. Feeling kind of off/sick don't know what is up..

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

97 this morning.

Gosh, Grammabear, how did you figure out that's your computer problem? I guess maybe your anti-virus software found it, but they generally quarantine things like that. Hope you get it resolved...

Yesterday was every bit as warm as predicted with wonderful weather in the 80s. Hopefully similar today. It's so great to just exist without feeling the pervasive cold that always permeates winter. Of course, many plants loved it as well and took the opportunity to start finally blooming.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

111 this morning.

Last night we had pouring rain, hailstones as big as a golf ball and some folks got them 2 inches or bigger.  In other areas they had tornadoes on the ground for 15 miles.  Sure hope that last night's weather is not a picture of future weather.

Tamagno - I learned about my computer problem when my printer wouldn't work whereas it had been working fine before.  I contacted a live chat window on Hewlett Packard website and it turns out HP had contracted all their tech support to another country.  The tech support person had a thick accent as they ask for a phone number in case they lose internet connection.  To make a long story short, I got "scammed" and you know the old saying - "there's no fool like an old fool".  It was true in my case.  I learned a very expensive lesson to not trust old time companys to be what they used to be.

Barb - Take care because there is the flu making another pass through our area.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  I had my burger on a bun last night, a low carb bun but still it bumps me up a bit.
The rain and clouds are out of here now and it starts to warm up.  Should be in the mid 90's this weekend.
I have no idea how to find and get rid of a Trojan so I hope Norton does the job.   
I don't know Grammabear.  If I was on the company web site I would have trusted it also.  It is common for companies to contract out their CS and usually it is to another country.  I do keep a full backup on another hard drive so I can wipe my disk and re-install everything if that happens.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on May 03, 2018, 09:49:12 AM
103 this morning.  I had my burger on a bun last night, a low carb bun but still it bumps me up a bit.
The rain and clouds are out of here now and it starts to warm up.  Should be in the mid 90's this weekend.
I have no idea how to find and get rid of a Trojan so I hope Norton does the job.   
I don't know Grammabear.  If I was on the company web site I would have trusted it also.  It is common for companies to contract out their CS and usually it is to another country.  I do keep a full backup on another hard drive so I can wipe my disk and re-install everything if that happens.

Wally - I can give you one piece of advice for what it is worth and that is 'don't trust customer service from HP EVER'!!!
I should have learned how to backup my files but I didn't.  I will put that on my list of things to ask my younger son next time he visits home. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

100 this partly cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Despite some clouds, the day turned out pretty nice. High of 71°F (21.67°C).

Ran errands today including grocery shopping. My knee is killing me now. Feel better, not off today like  I felt yesterday.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on May 03, 2018, 09:49:12 AM

I suppose an updated anti virus s/w should keep you protected.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

108 this morning.

Grammabear, I've also found problems with HP support although I've never downloaded anything from their site.

While it's a somewhat controversial topic, I'll mention that I've found it much, much easier to maintain my Apple products. Automatic back-ups happen seamlessly and there's nowhere near the concern about malware or worrying about anti-virus software updates.

During the many years I was a Windows user I had to spend a great deal of time just on computer maintenance and I could never quite to seem to avoid the gradual slow downs and "bloat" that happens. While the initial buy-in is higher, my Apple machines seem always to work well and haven't required replacing every couple of years. Nearly always, any glitch requires simply rebooting.

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  I had my annual eye exam yesterday and all is good.  My old Optometrist retired so this is a new one.  I do like her and she does a very thorough exam for a diabetic.  One thing she does that the other one did not is take a picture of the inside of your eyeball.  Then she took time to go over it.  No sign of retinopathy but there is a slight degree of macular degeneration which is age related.  She advised taking a supplement to help this.  I'm undecided on that.  Just another thing to add to the stuff I take now.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

61 this morning.

It is hard to forgive myself for being ignorant and falling for the line of baloney that customer service at HP gave me.  It was also a very expensive lesson to learn not to trust them again.  I may investigate the possibility of getting an Apple pc next time we buy one.  I just want something that is easier to operate than Windows if possible.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021