You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  It looks like we will be in the mid to high 90's for all of this week.  The winds picked up yesterday and it is supposed to be windy today through Wednesday.  Plenty of warm weather here John.  T-shirt and shorts weather.
Barbara, really hope there is no flooding.
Off to my doctors for my annual "wellness exam".  Medicare has certain requirements that a doctor has to follow for this exam but they give more time for it. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

90 this partly cloudy morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

So far so good. No flooding here, but my creek and irrigation ditch are very, very full.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

125 this morning.

It's not quite so warm here this week, but still warm enough that it's easier to manage and be able to grill. Ten more degrees average temperatures will be even better!

I won't eat any, but my wife's craving sweets lately so I'm going to make her a batch of cookies or brownies later...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Yesterday was a perfect Spring day with warm temperatures and a gentle breeze.  I wish it would stay like that year round.

Tamagno - Perhaps when you're baking cookies one of them might "crumble" and one can't let the broken one go to waste? ......:)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  The weather services agree for a change that we are supposed to reach 100° today and tomorrow so that would be the first for this year.  It should cool down a bit after tomorrow. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this morning, 106 at bedtime last night. This pain is killing my numbers!

Flood watch extended to Sunday morning. Level of water went down about an inch overnight.

High today 76°F, overnight predicted 48°F

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on May 08, 2018, 09:34:36 AM
Tamagno - Perhaps when you're baking cookies one of them might "crumble" and one can't let the broken one go to waste? ......:)

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

Mae West
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

131 this morning.

Great quote, SKB, and right in line with Grammabear's suggestion.

I did indeed make "brownies" yesterday for my wife, but the recipe was so dense with melted chocolate, etc., that there weren't many crumbs. As usual, I went a bit overboard and made the thing with salted peanuts in the chocolate, a layer of peanut butter with powdered sugar and a layer of chocolate ganache on top. Can't say I even licked a spoon! Once all all finished it's very heavy and I doubt even the most dedicated trencherman could eat more than one at a sitting. I didn't even bother counting carbs (let alone calories).

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

52 this morning, not a good number to deal with at 5 a.m. or any time.

Tamagno - your brownies sound delicious and I hope your wife enjoys every morsel of them.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

103 this morning.  Well, we did not get to the 100° yesterday that was predicted, at least on my weather station, but it hit 99.5° so I say close enough.   :D  Heading to 100° again today then it is supposed to drop to the 80's.
My blood pressure has been running high for a while so my doctor gave me a prescription for another med.  I picked it up yesterday and of course didn't pay close attention to her instructions.  She suggested that I start with a 1/2 pill twice a day and then increase if necessary.  I just took a whole pill and within about 10 min I felt kind of light headed. I took my BP and it was 115/61 which is not bad but since I have been running like 180/90 I think it was like a false low for bg.  My body was not used to that.  I'm going to use the 1/2 pill for now and see how it goes.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Be careful Wally. Thankfully I have no BP issues as of now.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

94 this cloudy morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Flood watch extended until Monday noon. It started raining a couple of hours ago, so far all is OK here. It is supposed to rain about 3 more hours. Man, I sure don't want to have to go through another flood especially when I am not 100%

rocky

Lucky break tamagno. Keep it safe.

93 this morning.  ;D
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

95 this morning.

Back a few years, I was having high BP, Wally, and had some pretty nasty side effects from a couple of the meds. There are so many though that if one is not working for you, make your doc switch it. I finally ditched all the newer drugs and used Clonodine until my BP settled down. It's likely to make you sleep, but I took it only at night before bed which worked fine.

Well, my CGM is continuing it's now weekly insanity the day before the sensor gets changed and I finally had to just get up and have a very early breakfast. Hopefully, I'll be going back to bed before long once I get glucose high enough to shut up the accursed alarm...

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  We just got to 98° yesterday and then the winds picked up and it didn't get any higher.  Wind is welcome when it's hot as long as it's not too hard.  Cooling down and should be in the low 80's starting tomorrow.
I have had high blood pressure for 25 years, actually longer but that was when I was diagnosed.  I have had a variety of meds to try and control it and it was good since my heart valve replacement 3 years ago but recently it has gotten higher.  This new prescription is working and I am following my doctors plan to try a low dose and increase only as needed. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024