You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

83 this morning.

We had a surprise thunderstorm yesterday where it just poured for about 40 minutes.  Then there was a "flood warning".  Today is a beautiful sunny day with no clouds in the sky.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

107 this cloudy morning, 106 at bedtime last night.

Still no flooding here, thank goodness! High today 64°F, rain still in the forecast though.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

93 this morning.

Wally, when I was first diagnosed my BP was quite a bit higher. What's interesting is that when I finally had to give up weight lifting it went down substantially. Of course, it's confounded as to whether lifting was the cause as the high BP coincided with onset of diabetes which took forever to get under control.

It crossed my mind this morning to wonder just what it was that convinced me to try LCHF when I first heard about it (it's so difficult to convince others). By the time I'd run into the old chat room many of us used to frequent I'd read a lot about diabetes but I think that was the first place I encountered LCHF. Even though I was aware of a correlation with carbs, I really wasn't so aware of how many I ate regularly.

Anyway, I'd gotten a lot of dietary advice and LCHF certainly seemed pretty radical, wasn't at all mainstream thought and there was plenty of other chatter around about controlling diabetes with all manner of odd diets and supplements, but something about LCHF rang true.

Perhaps it was the many other success stories I heard regularly in the chat room and some quality about the manner in which they were related that I found compelling.

Certainly checking in with the FBG daily reports became a constant and benign reminder that I think really helped adjust my dietary habits.

Still, getting on board with LCHF took quite a lot of convincing with my wife and a long, tedious journey through a paleo diet as well as all manner of docs, gluten free and dairy free diets as well as the determination of T1 and my insulin pump.

I sure do hope there's some "newbie" out there who's come upon this site and reads enough to also adjust their own habits!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

This Chat room you refer to, was it on the the first forum ?
They discontinued with it after some time.
I have also been toying with the idea of having a Chat App on this forum, but our numbers are too low to justify the server load it will cause. 

Loved your post. It is too good not to share on our FaceBook page.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We got to 95° yesterday and now it is supposed to cool a bit.  Predicted 88° today with a wind advisory from 11:00 AM to 10:00 PM tonight. 
Yeah Tamagno I guess I am guilty of using this thread as a chat thread but I know that everyone comes here once a day so I "chat".  For some reason I am comfortable expressing myself here but I don't do Facebook, I just have never gotten used to it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

78 this morning.  getting tired of these night time lows.

Our weather this morning is a far cry from what it was yesterday.  Today we're at 46 deg with a high yesterday of 80.  Good thing I didn't put away the winter clothes.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

I never switch out seasonal clothing, because over here temps can change in an instant. Plus DH has such a different internal thermometer than I, it's just better to leave it all hanging in there.

But just today I was wishing our wall unit would make the adjustment automatically. Instead, we have to manually switch from heat to a/c, and set the temperature. But we're supposed to have the vendor out here next week, so maybe in the intervening time, they'll have acquired some machines that DO automatically switch. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Grammabear

Shanny - We had to dig in our closet and find long sleeve zip up sweat shirts to wear for warmth when we went to the market today.  Of course it rained cats and dogs and we got wet in spite of our best effort to stay dry.  We also bought a portable air conditioner today whilst the outside temperature was 45 deg F.  I think we might feel a little crazy.  Just two days ago it was 80 deg F and there were tornadoes in the area.  Good Luck with the AC and hope you might be able to find an automatic machine.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

98 this cloudy morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

High today was 54°F overnight predicted to be 37°F. No flooding here, yet. But when I went to town today I saw that the Bitterroot river is very high and flooding low lands along the shore. The flooding is very bad, 100yr levels, in Missoula and it is going to be worse there over the weekend. Hopefully the colder night will slow the snow melt at higher elevations.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

154 this morning.

Like Wally, SKB, I'm guilty of using this as a chat room. To use Facebook requires far too much time to follow regularly and respond appropriately. While it would be great for this to grow, it seems a good and safe place to be regularly. (I guess I've misunderstood the literal meaning of "chat room" and simply refer to this as one out of convenience.)

Chilly here also last night and for several days to come with plenty of rain starting today. My winter things do get put away, but really just moved to a different place in my closet so they're still handy. Like yours Shanny, our weather is apt to change quickly!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

I see no reason our forum and/or this specific thread shouldn't be used for chatting. It's a normal human trait and IMO, only makes our forum stronger.

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  It did cool down a bit, 86° for a high, and as predicted the winds started around 11:00 AM and boy, did they ever.  Very windy until around Midnight.  Just a light breeze this morning.
I'm glad others agree, I look forward to seeing what is going on in the life of others in the group. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

75 this morning.

Very good sleeping weather last night with temperatures hovering around 45, but we had to shut all of our windows because of the rain and wind.

I cannot believe it but my only grandchild is graduating high school next week.  I would like to see him graduate, but don't know if we can make the arrangements to go out of state.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

Wind blowing always makes me edgy. Dunno if it's from growing up in Tornado Alley or what, but it's definitely a thing.

bigskygal

99 this mostly clear morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

I too like our little "chats" here.

Lovely day here today, but cold again at night. Still dry here, thank goodness! Missoula is really getting hit hard though.

Even with most of my trees gone, the wind still really makes me nervous...