You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Shanny on May 12, 2018, 07:14:56 AM
I see no reason our forum and/or this specific thread shouldn't be used for chatting. It's a normal human trait and IMO, only makes our forum stronger.

I was talking about a seperate Chat Box in the right panel. But that would require a lot of members to be simultaneously online, otherwise it will become just a Shoutbox.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

rocky

Chat rooms are not trendy these days. I think facebook changed all that and so did things like Twitter. I haven't seen one operational on so many websites.

93 this morning's fasting.
My life is based on a true story.

Tamagno

105 this morning.

I can't say anything in less than 142 words so I don't use Twitter either, Rocky. I just really like coming here first thing in the morning and hearing what everyone's up to.

Grammabear, I'm afraid it's gotten cold here again as well. While it's forecast to be a bit warmer today, I'm glad my winter things are still accessible. Last night I even got my electric blanket out again...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on May 13, 2018, 04:43:15 AM
I can't say anything in less than 142 words so I don't use Twitter either, Rocky.

I think it's 142 characters. I was told that they are increasing the limit to 280.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

From the very beginning of my online life back in the late 90s, I never did well in chat rooms . . . always found message boards more my style. I guess it prob'ly didn't help that the first chat I ever stumbled upon was at MSNBC, and prob'ly had 1000 people in it! I got outta there in a hurry! ha!

It's typical early spring here, very warm & humid. But I'd bet you the farm that my everlovin' is still snuggled up with his electric blanket - he uses it all year round! It's why I have my own room . . . I can't sleep with that much warmth. Whew!

Grammabear

74 this morning.

I actually had to turn the heat back on at our house because the house was so cold inside.  But of course this kind of weather is over the weekend when hubby has off, but the weather will improve and become warmer on Monday when his work week starts.

The garden hubby planted has started sprouting green so hopefully the cooler temperatures aren't going to be detrimental.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Throw a sheet over the wee seedlings . . . that's what we used to do. It gives just enough protection & holds in the warmth from the ground so the little plants don't get frosted overnight. Be sure to remove the sheet before it gets too warm in the morning.

bigskygal

103 this mostly clear morning, 94 at bedtime las night.

High today 69°F overnight predicted 42°F. The lilac are starting to bloom and the may tree is in bloom. It smells so sweet. Still dry here not sure I'm out of the woods yet.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

117 this morning.

We're supposed to be substantially warmer here today as well and actually in the 80s mid week.

Shanny, back in the mid-1980s I recall accessing the then very new internet (via, i believe, something called Prodigy) and there being only one discussion avenue by which other users' discussions of all sorts were available. I took part a bit just for the novelty, but quickly gave it up as there seemed to be a complete lack of manners among the tech geeks who seemed the primary users. Didn't really get back to it all until the 90s by which time everything had changed drastically.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

92 this morning.  We had a high of 80° yesterday and a light breeze so a really nice day.  It looks like the mid 80's for the rest of the week.
Yeah, chat room is not what I really meant.  I would not do well in that environment.  I just enjoy being able to interact with different people on the forum and exchange ideas and news.  This thread seems to be the best place to do that.

I wrote this yesterday and I guess i didn't click the post button !   :-[
I went to post a reply today and it was still here.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

Now, for today.  99 this morning.  It looks like a nice week here.  Temps in the mid 80's for the entire week.
I didn't get a home computer until 1992 and it was a 386 PC.  The dial-up modem was so slow that I could not even open up Prodigy because of the graphics.  After I upgraded the modem to 56K, big deal then, I stumbled on to AOL and then you were bound by the borders of AOL and could not reach the internet from there.  However they had groups for a whole lot of different things and I was basically a lurker there. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

68 this morning.  Having a lot of night time lows recently.  I have to refigure my basal rates as I don't appreciate my Dexcom alert going off at 2,3,5 and 6 a.m.

More rain for us last night and today.  Was hoping to mow the grass, but it is too wet so far.  Lilacs are in bloom and the potatoes my husband planted are coming up nicely.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

107 this clear morning, 103 at bedtime last night.

79°F for a high today, overnight prediction 45°F. Flood watch for my area has been lifted, but levels still pretty high. No rain in the forecast.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

89 this morning.

Ditto for me, Grammabear! Second night in a row I've started getting low alerts around 2:00am (naturally, in my house that means the follow apps on my iPad, iPod and my wife's iPod also go off). Usually, suspending insulin a short while plus a few sips of juice do the trick, but not this morning. So, I decided to just get up for an early breakfast. Of course, I'll go back to bed in a little while to at least have a nap, but definitely not how I like to start the day...