You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Well, BigSkyGal, at least the test is over with! Hopefully, you come back clear with the labs on those polyps.

According to my wife, we used to have some mock orange until they got wrecked during renovation demolition. She says that lately she's seen some "volunteers" that've popped up on their own which is cool.

While we don't really have honeysuckle, my wife loves humming birds and keeps feeders out for them until they've migrated south. They're fun to watch but sure get aggressive with each other over the feeders. Apparently, it's a one-at a time affair for them.

Good for your son, Grammabear! LCHF really turns out to be pretty easy to live with and will be great for his wife.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Well, 102° (38.9C) yesterday and we are supposed to see a "cooling trend" way down to 96° (35.6C) for the next couple of days.  Hot but it could be worse.

Barbara, well, at least it is over.  I have had polyps every time I have had a colonoscopy so my Gastro keeps me on a three year schedule.  It comes around too soon.

Tamagno, I have a couple of humming bird feeders and each one has 6 places.  Sometimes one will dive bomb another that is feeding and then I have seen as many as 4 feeding at the same time.  I think the dive bombing is a game they play.   :D
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

86 this morning.

We see hummingbirds here but they don't seem attracted to our feeder.  We also feed songbirds so maybe there is just too much going on for the hummingbirds to be comfortable feeding.  Plus we have a super lot of traffic noise to disturb the hummingbirds.

Hope your test results are favorable Barbara and that you feel better now your procedure is over.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

106 this morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Wally, I too have had polyps on every colonoscopy. On the previous one, one of the polyps was precancerous, but very early. Dr says it depends on the pathology of the recent ones whether I will be on the 5 or 3 year plan. Praying for 5 years!

Having a steak with local harvested morel mushrooms and champagne tonight for my birthday dinner. I am splurging/going off the reservation and having one of those tiny containers of ice cream for dessert.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on June 04, 2018, 09:48:44 AM
My oldest son is just beginning to experiment with LCHF which is great as his wife is T2.  He was telling me about this great new idea he came up with of putting broccoli, cauliflower, a yellow onion, garlic in a food processor and giving it a quick whirl.  Then placing the above items in a fry pan with butter over gentle heat until the veggies are done to desired consistency.  Add a splash or two of soy sauce if desired.  He laughed and said "Mom, this is better than rice."  The kid is on the right track I think.   :)

That is such great news. My son is on a ketogenic food plan for weight loss. But, whatever the goal, this is a better WoE.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on June 05, 2018, 08:08:23 PM
Having a steak with local harvested morel mushrooms and champagne tonight for my birthday dinner. I am splurging/going off the reservation and having one of those tiny containers of ice cream for dessert.

A little break will do you good. Hope you get news from the Doc.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on June 05, 2018, 09:40:02 PM
Quote from: Grammabear on June 04, 2018, 09:48:44 AM
My oldest son is just beginning to experiment with LCHF which is great as his wife is T2.  He was telling me about this great new idea he came up with of putting broccoli, cauliflower, a yellow onion, garlic in a food processor and giving it a quick whirl.  Then placing the above items in a fry pan with butter over gentle heat until the veggies are done to desired consistency.  Add a splash or two of soy sauce if desired.  He laughed and said "Mom, this is better than rice."  The kid is on the right track I think.   :)

That is such great news. My son is on a ketogenic food plan for weight loss. But, whatever the goal, this is a better WoE.

I had some broccoli and cauliflower that needed to be used up before they spoiled, so I made this stir fry with those veggies.  It was good and I hope the store has a good selection of both veggies when we shop for groceries this week.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Carbcrazydog

95 yesterday morning with Metformin.

I have been delaying testing since 2 months because i was scared that Metformin was not working and despite medicines i would be 120+. But i have been feeling so much better and energetic.

I was in US for 4 weeks. Parsippany, NJ. For work. and it was super busy.

Back to the usual routine now. Hope everyone is well

Tamagno

184 this morning.

A fellow I know just told me yesterday that they had a large bear get into his wife's hummingbird feeders. I'd not heard of them doing that before and in his case a bit frightening as the bear left paw prints on their kitchen windows!

Great to hear from you, CCD! Hopefully, you enjoyed your working trip over here, but I'm afraid Parsipanny, NJ gives lie to that state's nickname, "The Garden State." There are much more attractive areas outside the metropolitan locales. Perhaps while you were there, however, you had a chance to sample American cuisine at one of their legendary diners where the meals are served in huge portions of carbs, calories and fat; if you can stomach that sort of thing, it's quite something.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on June 06, 2018, 02:00:21 AM
I have been delaying testing since 2 months because i was scared that Metformin was not working and despite medicines i would be 120+. But i have been feeling so much better and energetic.

Good to hear from you ccd. Looks like the 'Send Topic' feature really works  :P
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  We are starting out this morning a bit cooler at 70° at 6:00 AM, yesterday it was 75°.  Highs for the next few days are going to be pretty consistent at around the mid 90s.
Good to hear from you CCD, hope you are doing well.
Tamagno, that is bizarre !  At the house in the mountains we had a bear coming into the yard to get the dog food that was left outside but never for the humming bird feeders.   :o
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

97 this morning.

It is 59 deg F this morning and it is supposed to reach 79 deg F which is FINE with me.  I have errands to do today and cooler weather suits me better.

The highlight of my day yesterday was receiving a phone call from my only grandson who just turned 18.  He has autism so a phone conversation with him is a big deal.  He explained to me, at great length, the finer points of carnivorous plants.  He ended with "don't forget to water your plants Grandma".  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: Tamagno on June 06, 2018, 04:43:54 AM
Perhaps while you were there, however, you had a chance to sample American cuisine at one of their legendary diners where the meals are served in huge portions of carbs, calories and fat; if you can stomach that sort of thing, it's quite something.

Which place is this? I will try it the next time i am there

Carbcrazydog

Quote from: skb on June 06, 2018, 06:42:23 AM
Quote from: Carbcrazydog on June 06, 2018, 02:00:21 AM

Good to hear from you ccd. Looks like the 'Send Topic' feature really works  :P

LOL! Thanks for that. It was a good read

bigskygal

96 this morning, 120 at bedtime last night.

Great to see you again CCD!!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.