You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanny

Sounds to me like a splendid birthday meal! May have to scramble some eggs here tonight too!

bigskygal

102 this windy morning, 111 at bedtime last night.

Stomach still iffy and back is flaring up again.  :(

I feel so bad for Boo, if there was any way I could get him some antidepressants (and be able to give them to him) I would.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

110 this morning.

I don't know, BigSkyGal, I feel badly for Boo, but somehow the thought of a cat on antidepressants conjures up quite some image; besides, they take a few weeks to kick in anyway.

Quite a start for your birthday with that breakfast, Wally! Hopefully, the rest of your day's celebrations were equally cheery, delicious and fun.

I'm off to the dentist for my cleaning which I managed somehow to miss last year. Currently, the hygienists are using a device that somehow blasts them clean with very high-frequency sound that's painless and greatly reduces bleeding. Should be easy...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  It was very nice yesterday with a high of 92° and a light breeze.  It is supposed to get to 102° today and 104° tomorrow and Wednesday and then back to the mid 90s.
Yeah Tamagno, it was a good day.  Dinner last night was a NY steak and 1/2 baked potato with sour cream.  I am still amazed at how the retrograding works, at least for me, and it is sure nice to have the option.
For some reason I tend to build up plaque on my teeth much quicker than normal.  I am on a schedule to have a cleaning every four months because of that and it is never easy.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

112 this morning.

BigSkyGal - Maybe you could ask the vet about a very mild sedative for Boo when you know he is going to be exposed to situations that stress him out a lot?

While weeding the garden yesterday, hubby found that a young rabbit has eaten all of the tops from a bunch of green beans he had planted.  Now, we will have no green beans this year all because of a dumb rabbit !!
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

101 this rainy morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

The rain ended early afternoon, later the wind picked up. There was snow in the mountains last night. Not really all that unusual to have snow in June here...

The problem with Boo is that his anxiety is triggered by so many things I can't predict when he will go south. The other problem is there is, no way I can give him a pill or shot or whatever. I have scars on my hands from times I have tried. I just try to keep it as quiet as possible here within my control.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

I was stunned by a 187 today morning. Turns out, that i did scratch my head as i woke up. I forgot i had applied coconut oil to my hair last night & did not wash my hands. I wonder what is added to commercial grade coconut hair oil to raise it to that number ?
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

141 this morning.

Still hassling with Dexcom over my latest shipment of sensors. Five phone calls and five promises and we'll see if their latest assurance of delivery today actually happens. (Their software switched my insurance making Medicare primary and commercial insurance secondary.) Can't say I'm happy with them just now.

Grammabear, as far as I'm concerned, rabbits are good for nothing but eating. Out here, an explosion of foxes has kept this spring's population very low. It's a real shame you won't get those green beans!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Tamagno

Quick update: e-mail confirms FedEx delivery today. Good deal as my last one expires tomorrow!

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We hit exactly 100° yesterday and predicted high was 101° so pretty close I think.  It's supposed to be 104° today and tomorrow and then cooling down to the mid 90s.
Grammabear, yeah, between rabbits and gophers  we had no chance trying to grow anything at our old place. We did put in a greenhouse and had really good luck with tomatoes mainly because it kept all of the critters away.
SKB, very strange.  I don't have any idea why any type of coconut oil would raise your bg.  I have coconut oil in my coffee at times and have never seen any hike from it. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

123 this morning down from 320 last night.

I had a urinalysis test yesterday and I have a confirmed UTI - again!  Will be seeing the doctor today for my Medicare check and to discuss these frequent UTIs.  I have to admit I'm really feeling poorly.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 12, 2018, 09:09:33 AMWe did put in a greenhouse and had really good luck with tomatoes mainly because it kept all of the critters away.
Been thinking about this all day . . . only because we had fried green tomatoes at a local bar last evening. Not sure there's anything on the world menus that is better than fried green tomatoes! But growing them here & keeping the critters away is an enormous undertaking. We did it when we were younger, but nowdays it's just too hard work!

bigskygal

102 this breezy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

Still not feeling well. I see my pcp next Monday so if not better by then, maybe he can fix things?

Wally, I am violently allergic to rabbit! Had a really bad experience at a German restaurant years ago. Later I realized the rabbit fur collar on my coat made me totally stuffy and itchy. I keep way away from it these days!

Oh Shanny, I love fried green tomatoes!! With all the critters I have here, cant really grow anything...once the farmer's market really gets going maybe I can find some.

Shanny

I still remember when we were gardening, how the raccoons seemed to know EXACTLY when the corn was fully ripe! And they weren't a bit bashful about coming in during the nights and raiding all the tomatoes. We installed electric fence, but even that wasn't fully effective.

rocky

93 today morning.

Hi to all you nice people. I am logging in after a really long time (5/26) so I have lots to catch up. But I am in a rush right now. Will log in again later in the day.

Take care.
My life is based on a true story.