You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

117 this morning.

Hubby has a cold and really feels poorly.  I hope he does not share it with me as I don't need another 'ailment'.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

95 this blue sky morning, 93 at bedtime last night.

I fasted most of yesterday (the hospital kept me waiting over an hour for my blood draw..somehow missed me...maybe that is why #'s are lower today? I'm resistant to fasting... but maybe there is something to it...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

122 this morning.

Wally and Grammabear, I hope you all aren't having summer colds; somehow seems out-of kilter to catch cold in hot weather. My wife is convinced that Cold-Eze significantly reduces the length of colds if you start taking it early on. Naturally, I'm skeptical, but recall it doing weird things to my sense of taste.

Speaking of hot weather, our current forecast is for 90-degree temperatures out here the next couple of days. Can't say I'll mind one bit!

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  Yeah Barbara, fasting does seem to help the numbers.  I didn't feel like eating last night so I skipped dinner.
Tamagno, I'm not sure but it seems like I am down with a summer cold.  I probably will be just laying down most of the day. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

107 this morning.

Our forecast is for upper 90s today, so I hope we aren't going to be mowing the grass.  Hubby gave part of his cold to me - how generous of him ?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

If I have symptoms, I always take temperature & if it's elevated, I allow as how I have something contagious. If not, then I know it's allergy. With me, it's usually allergy.

bigskygal

98 this rainy morning, 104 at bedtime last night.

It rained  almost all day here. My jungle is flattened down by the rain... I still have to call the guy to get a quote to remove the tree stumps, tiny trees are sprouting up...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 16, 2018, 04:21:29 AM
Wally and Grammabear, I hope you all aren't having summer colds; somehow seems out-of kilter to catch cold in hot weather.
Quote from: Grammabear on June 16, 2018, 09:58:34 AM
Hubby gave part of his cold to me - how generous of him ?
Quote from: walkerwally1 on June 16, 2018, 09:36:28 AM
Tamagno, I'm not sure but it seems like I am down with a summer cold.  I probably will be just laying down most of the day. 

"UNDER THE WEATHER"

I live in a highly congested and polluted megacity in India, whereas you guys are based in pristine rural US, so I don't know if this is applicable, but this is what I have read, learnt & believe.

The body consists of 37.2 trillion cells, and is a host to over 10 times that amount of bacteria cells, inside & outside. Not all of them are harmful, and even the harmful ones can't hurt us until they cross a threshold limit of their population.

When weather changes, there is a change in ambient temperature, humidity, air density and pressure. This usually causes a surge in their numbers and we become prone to bacterial/viral attacks. All of us come under attack, but some succumb and some don't depending upon the status of our immune system and our ability to fight back. As a precaution I increase my dosage of Omega-3 fatty acids during this transition times. Sometimes I am able to fend this off, sometimes not. If I do fall sick, I make some liposomal Vitamin C and use that for relief. It works very well in returning me to normalcy ASAP. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

124 this morning.

Some very interesting points SKB, that I hadn't considered in quite that direction. I've often assumed (especially during my years in New York City) that city dwellers were exposed to much more contagion and therefore more likely to succumb to any number of ailments; the benefit being at least the possibility of developing immunities.

Years ago I was told by what I thought a credible source that there are around 700 "cold" viruses and that having caught and survived one we become thereafter immune to it. It seemed to me that getting a few each year ought to result in fewer as we age. Doubtless that scheme is flawed on many levels, however.

Personally, I've not had a cold for nearly two years which is unusual. I'm assuming it's due in part at least to increasingly less social interaction because of retirement and purposeful avoidance of human contact.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on June 17, 2018, 04:45:44 AM
and purposeful avoidance of human contact.

You always make me smile  ;D ;D ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

Same here, John. We're several miles out in the country and go to town maybe once a week. It makes a big difference whether and how often one gets exposed, and being retired from the work force is a biggie. I can't remember when one of us has been sick. Runny nose doesn't count, because we both have respiratory allergies.

walkerwally1

83 this morning.  We were down to 92° yesterday and should be around the same today.  Quite windy again all day and also the same today.  It is supposed to start warming up tomorrow and then back to over 100° for a few days.
SKB, that makes a lot of sense and seems to follow what has happened.  I am in a small town and not among people like I was when working but there is always the shopping trips that are among a bunch of people so there is always a chance of contacting something.  I don't think this is allergies, at least I have never had allergies take me down like this but I do take a while to get over something. 
I have never heard of liposomal Vitamin C and I Googled it and found recipes to make it.  I might give it a try.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

119 this morning.

We live in a rural area but definitely not pristine.  There is a 4 lane highway in front of our house traveled by semi trucks, pick up trucks, gravel trucks, cars and motorcycles.  The traffic past our place is horrendous. 

I think it helps if your immune system is strong which mine apparently is not.  I've had 4 urinary tract infections since the beginning of this year and now this cold which my husband shared.

Never heard of this special vitamin C either, going to look  it up.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

If I've posted this before, please forgive an old woman's failing memory, but I go by fever. If I'm ailing but not running a fever, I blame allergies. If fever is elevated, I suppose I've contracted a bug of some sort.

bigskygal

99 this partly cloudy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

It got cloudier and cloudier as the day progressed. High was 63°F.

Count me in for the hermit crowd! I only go out once every 10 or so days. I am that person that wipes down the shopping cart with antiseptic wipes at the door and on the way out. I read somewhere a long time ago that shopping carts are even more germ laden than public rest rooms!

skb, I'll have to google that Vit C, sounds interesting.

This year, I have no garden help. I have noticed my allergies seem somewhat better...maybe just letting the grasses go to seed is helping? What I worry about is when fire season starts...