You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

110 this morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

skb, that is a whole lot of rain!!

Wally, I buy the Johnsonville Beddar with Cheddar brats too! Yum, I have to get some next time I shop.

Tamagno, your meal sounds really good! You are quite the chef.  :)

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I'm astounded that they don't have a/c in their delivery vehicles. I hope there is a huge uproar over this death from it.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on July 11, 2018, 08:59:02 AM
skb - Is there any grave danger of flooding in the city where you live?  Will you have to evacuate to higher ground?

There is some flooding in some parts of the city but the water is around knee deep. We have 2 railway systems that cater to the city and 1 of them was partly shut down due to water on the tracks. Personally, I live on a higher elevation so there's no threat to us. Today was relatively dry with showers now and then, and the city seems to be limping back to normal again.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

143 this morning.

Typical of the feds to exempt themselves from their own laws; seems so awful for that poor mail carrier...

Got to thinking about it yesterday and picked up a can of Spam. It's low carb, pretty cheap at Walmart and looks like it could be prepared a lot of different ways including like bratwurst. I know it's populat in Hawaii, but I've never tried it and it will be something different.

Somehow got me thinking about the ubiquitous Australian condiment Vegemite as well. I guess the stuff is loaded with B vitamins and would be fun to try. It's supposed to be a peculiar taste but the Aussies even put it on toast. Think I'll see if I can get some from Amazon.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

Quote from: Shanny on July 11, 2018, 03:11:14 PM
I'm astounded that they don't have a/c in their delivery vehicles. I hope there is a huge uproar over this death from it.
I hope so too Shanny.  They say OSHA is looking into it but it seems the Feds are immune to this king of thing.  The high temp of 117° was unusual for there but areas like here it is common.  One of the delivery persons around here has his own window cooler he puts in the truck he is driving but the Post Office does not provide anything.  Like I said California OSHA has very strict rules for employers and how employees are treated in high heat but that does not apply to the Feds.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It is still cooler as we were at 102° yesterday and should be the same today.  Humidity is higher though and right now it's 39% which is high for here.  It's going to get hotter and dryer in a couple of days though.
I have always liked Spam and like to fry it in a pan.  A lot of people consider it junk food but I really don't.  You are right about Hawaiians, they love their Spam.  I was stationed there for a few months and learned that they adore Spam and have clever ways of using it.   Vegemite though I think I can skip.   :D
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

119 this morning.

skb - We're relieved to know you are on higher ground.  It seems that some places around the world that never flooded before are now facing that danger due to climate change.  I hope you continue to improve with the weather conditions.

Tamagno - I've tried both Spam and vegemite and both a resounding 'No' for me, but you might be different.  The vegemite definitely has a taste all of its own.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Haven't eaten Spam in years - prob'ly since I was a child. But then we don't eat much ham either.

bigskygal

104 this morning, 100 at bedtime last night.

My first husband was Chinese, we ate a lot of Spam. Now they have Spam with cheddar cheese or jalapeños...check out Amazon. I have a jalapeños can in my cupboard I haven't tried yet. Love it with fried eggs and veggies...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

156 this morning.

Made my own mayo yesterday which was easy; also added a bunch of shredded cheddar cheese to it making for a great burger topping. No more store-bought mayo for us, I think.

Well, my current weight is well under 110 lbs. which is getting a little scary. The only good part to it is that I've really got carte blanche to eat most anything at this point. For now, as long as I'm able to bolus properly that includes carbs. Just can't abide junk food, so I'm always trying to find good and interesting flavors that are at least fun to try...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Making your own mayo is a cinch! And once you've got the basic sauce, you can add garlic, chives, horseradish, dill . . . anything you like!

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/Magnolias/SAUCES/Mayonnaise_from_scratch.html

So John, just keep making your mayo, and slather it on everything you eat! The fat will help maintain your weight without any effect on your bg.

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  We are going to be seeing the same weather for a few days.  A bit hotter, around 105-108° but hopefully dryer.  A lower humidity helps to make the heat more bearable. 
Tamagno, I have made mayonnaise before and it really is easy.  I use a stick blender and it is easy-peasy but I still like Best Foods. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

122 this morning.

John - your mayo sounds so dee-licious.  Are you going to grill out this weekend so you can enjoy more of that homemade mayo.

Shanny - Thanks for the link for the homemade mayo.  I remember seeing it a while ago, but I was lazy and didn't make it.  Now I must try it - my 'cravings' are up.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on July 13, 2018, 09:28:14 AMuse a stick blender and it is easy-peasy
It IS really easy with a stick blender, but I still use the other one because I can't put the stick blender in the dishwasher. Lazy me!  :D

bigskygal

105 this warm morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

I've never tried to make mayo before...I am a died in the wool Best Foods/Hellmanns gal. Sometimes my grocery has BF other time Hellmanns. I guess we are on the line between the two service areas.