You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  Not really hungry last night so kind of a fast.  We had a lot of clouds yesterday so a bit cooler with a high of 102°.  No clouds this morning but smoky and you can't see the mountains. 
I have never liked liver and don't think I will ever try to cook it.  I did make some bacon wrapped chicken livers once and it was Ok but just barely. 
Grammabear, hope you get some answer to maybe solve your UTI problem.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I've never soaked liver in anything, just plop it in the skillet & pile on tons of sliced onions & bacon. Never noticed any bitterness either, and it's always tender. I do go to the trouble of snipping out any veins because those can be gristly, and I don't like gristle in my mouth. Now I'm REALLY jonesing for it, so I guess I'll find some excuse to go grocery shopping today. I know our last jug of milk is opened, so that's always a good excuse!  ;)

bigskygal

102 this morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

My late DH used to love liver dumpling soup, me too! I think that sounds better in this heat than liver and onions. <putting liver on my grocery list for tomorrow>

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Would you want to share the recipe for liver dumpling soup? I'd be happy to add it to our list of recipes!

Tamagno

176 this morning.

Some great cooking tips! Couldn't get liver yesterday at my main store but will look a couple other places today.

Apparently, calves liver is not in favor as a search through my usual recipe sites turned up virtually no recipes beyond the usual additions of onion and bacon. It'll be fun to experiment.

Rain here continues and promises to be with us until Sunday. Fortunately not nearly so devastating as the heat and fires out west but simply tiresome.

Good luck with the doc, Grammabear!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  I wouldn't mind some of that rain Tamagno but I know it is not to be.  In September we sometimes get what the weather guys call a "Monsoonal flow" and see thunderstorms.  Not any where near the monsoon rains like they see in India but I guess they are named that because the tropical systems come up from the Equator.  Much more common in Arizona than California.

Fires continue but they are making progress towards containment.  It is interesting that the TV news has stopped reporting very much about the fires now.  People have such a short attention span nowadays and it is considered "old news". 

A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

91 this morning.

Wally - Last night when I was watching our local news, they mentioned that one particular fire was 'deliberately' set.  How do they know this, and do they ever catch the perpetrator?  In my opinion people that deliberately set fires that destroy homes and take human lives should be put in jail and throw away the key so they can never get out.

My visit with the Urologist went well.  There is no evidence of infection at the present time.  He offered me several options one of which was a 6 month course of low dose antibiotic which I declined.  He then suggested trying a supplement called d-mannose once daily to see if that might discourage the formation of the infection.  I decided to try that instead of the antibiotic.  Time will tell if the d-mannose helps or not.

Our weather continues to be really hot and humid and no rain.  Our garden is doing well for now and my hubby's flower garden is especially pretty this year.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

The arsonist is a man named Forrest Gordon Clark, and I'll leave it you to google him. Suffice to say he's a lunatic . . .

Many years ago when I was having a lot of UTIs, I was placed on that low-dose therapy and it worked wonders. Don't be afraid to try it.

bigskygal

91 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Shanny, the problem with the dumpling recipe is that it calls for bread crumbs & flour, maybe almond flour will work. It is from a Hungarian cookbook. I'll post it in the Recipe thread, maybe you can tweak it to be lc? I haven't made it since my dx sadly. It is really good...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Shanny on August 14, 2018, 01:10:36 PM
The arsonist is a man named Forrest Gordon Clark, and I'll leave it you to google him. Suffice to say he's a lunatic...

Saw the guy on TV News after he was caught. Definitely deranged.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

125 this morning.

You all are sure welcome to some of our rain out there, Wally. Once again, a decent day until around 5pm when we had torrential rain until sometime after midnight. Last I saw, more today. It's fortunate we've got power!

Grammabear, that's good news from your doc! Hadn't heard of using d-mannose for UTIs, just cranberry supplements which I think also actually help. I expect the long-term antibiotic would be best, but you may not tolerate it.

By the way, much as you suggested, I found my calves liver in frozen meats. I've a pretty good idea how I want to do it, and will make it one day quite soon.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  Well, this is the desert and rain here in August is as rare as snow anywhere else.  Can't really complain though as it is the normal pattern for here.
Yeah, the guy that started that fire, named the Holy fire because it started in Holy Jim Canyon, apparently did it as revenge on his neighbors.  A real nut case and I hope he is put away for a very long time.  The firefighters there did a fantastic job and saved a lot of homes.  It is now
22,986 acres - 64% contained  as of yesterday.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

142 this morning.

Yesterday, before the Dr appt, my blood sugar shot up to 222 and I had not even eaten anything.  I get really nervous when I have to see a new Dr.  Later on in the day the blood sugar dropped to 49 and then of course rebounded to over 200 again.  I hope today is a better day.

skb - I'm glad they caught the person responsible for setting that fire.  I hope he spends a lot of time in jail.

Barb - Could a person possibly use GF breadcrumbs in your recipe?  I have one recipe for meatballs that I use GF breadcrumbs and that is the only type that doesn't upset my numbers.

Shanny - I think I will discuss the low dose antibiotic situation with my GP as to which of the ABs the Urologist might suggest before I make a final decision on the subject.  I would not enjoy being half sick from a medicine supposed to benefit me in the long run.  I am sensitive to a lot of medicines especially if they are ototoxic.

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Quote from: Grammabear on August 15, 2018, 09:49:55 AM
Barb - Could a person possibly use GF breadcrumbs in your recipe?  I have one recipe for meatballs that I use GF breadcrumbs and that is the only type that doesn't upset my numbers.

Grammabear, what are GF breadcrumbs ?
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on August 15, 2018, 09:57:59 AM
Quote from: Grammabear on August 15, 2018, 09:49:55 AM

Grammabear, what are GF breadcrumbs ?

GF - gluten free
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021