You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

203 this morning.

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way, BigSkyGal! By the way, I'll be trying out those rehab guys I mentioned to stack the firewood I ordered yesterday (six cords to arrive 9/15) and will let you know how it goes.

Well, my Fitbit officially died yesterday according to their rep. At a few months over a year old, they won't replace it, but are offering me 25% off a new Alta HR.
At first I figured I'd get a new one but am now thinking I won't. Doesn't seem to have lasted that long and it's something not really needed, especially given it's dubious accuracy in heart rate and sleep tracking. I retrieved an old Timex from a drawer that probably cost $20 at Walmart and still was running with accurate time. Easier to read it's analog dial anyway and it's waterproof.

First time in ages I've no idea what to cook tonight. Plenty of options lurking in my freezer but nothing seems appealing so I guess just burgers or something else easy...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rosyblue

Hello,

122 fasting this morning. Going down ever so slowly, but def going down.

walkerwally1

109 this morning.  Not sure where that came from, 97 before bed last night but oh well.
Tamagno, sorry about your Fitbit.  I agree, if you don't really use it why have it.  I use it to keep track of my walking and I have found the heart rate pretty accurate, at least the resting heart rate.  Sleep tracking is usually quite good but it does sometimes miss the start and I go in the next day and edit it.  Still, it is a lot of money if you don't use it for it's main feature which is counting steps and your phone will do that nicely.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

111 this morning.

Rosyblue - nice improvement.  Keep up the good work.

Tamagno - Isn't it funny how when we open the freezer door we hope to be 'inspired' by what is waiting there for us?  And we put it there to begin with?  Happens to me and sometimes to my hubby too.  He doesn't cook much but expects to be awesomely inspired anyway by opening the door.

I have a way older Fitbit model which they aren't even making anymore hence not supporting.  When it quits for good I will do as Wally suggested and use my phone.  The price of fitbits keeps going up and up.  I paid $59 USD for the little one I carry in my pants pocket.  The cheapest fitbit now is around $129 I think.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

94 this morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

The Stepz app on my phone works just fine for me. I can't see spending money on a FitBit. Especially if it is going to die in a year or so!

I found a yard person!!! My tree guy came through with a name for yard work and another for stump removal. Yard guy is coming tomorrow! What a relief!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

175 this morning.

Glad you found yard help, Grammabear!

My regular reading for a variety of news includes some "foodie" resources from which I often get cooking ideas (Pinterest is sometimes good for this). My freezer doesn't always have exactly what's called for, but often good substitutions can be made.

This is the time of year I'm looking forward to cold-weather root vegetables and rich casseroles. Owing to our lack of sun this year, I've not had or even seen a single tomato which is something I've really missed. Without having them in summer recipes, I'm craving tomato-y Italian foods that just don't seem appropriate in hot weather.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

rosyblue

Quote from: Grammabear on August 21, 2018, 09:57:03 AM
Rosyblue - nice improvement.  Keep up the good work.

Well, thank you.  ;D 124 for today.

Grammabear

97 this morning.

Barb - You must be super pleased that you have found a yard person at last.  I hope everything works out for you and they both do good work and end up being very dependable.

There is a small town south of where I live that got 7-8 inches of rain in just over an hour yesterday flooding some roads obviously.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone but I am also glad that storm avoided us.

John - I would give you tomatoes from our garden as now the plants are all producing at once.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  A bit cooler yesterday and this morning.  Not the same as in other areas but 102° for a high and at 77° this morning is enough to feel. 
I haven't planted anything at this house yet but I do buy a tomato or two.  Home grown are tastier but we don't eat enough to make it worth the effort.
Barbara, glad you found some help.  Hope it works well for you.
There are a lot of humming birds here.  I don't know how many, I have seen six at one time, but I have two feeders and each one holds a quart.  I am replacing the liquid about once a week and that is a lot for those little guys.  There are six stations on the feeder but the most I have seen on one at a time was three.  They like to dive bomb each other most of the time. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Yep, typical hummingbird behavior! When we had feeders hanging out on the porch, it wasn't safe to walk out there for all the wee birds that would dive bomb anybody dumb enough to go there!

We don't put out feeders anymore because there's so much natural forage for them . . . both blooming flowers that we've planted and wildflowers.

bigskygal

91 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Just got the call from the yard people, they are on their way right now.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Rosyblue,

I just edited your posts. Instead of copy+paste you can use the Quote button to "quote" portions from someone's posts.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

114 this morning.

Even better today, Rosyblue, keep it up!

My wife tells me that humming birds migrate in the fall from as far north as Canada all the way to South America - individually, not in flocks. Definitely not very social creatures.

Seem to have felt off and nauseous all night so I'm laying low today. Nothing I've got to do, so I figure on napping a lot...

rosyblue

Quote from: skb on August 22, 2018, 10:15:58 PM
Rosyblue,

I just edited your posts. Instead of copy+paste you can use the Quote button to "quote" portions from someone's posts.

Like this ???? Ok. I got it.
But I don't wanna say my fasting number. It's gone up to 138 :'(

Shanny

Don't be embarrassed by your numbers . . . you're just getting started & you'll do better as time goes on. Some of us old hands aren't doing any better!

Sure is nice to have some new faces around here! <3