You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

Yes kris, welcome back! So glad to see your post!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

bigskygal

I am having a really hard time finding things that appeal to me. I  have zero appetite and I am worrying I am not getting the nutrients I need.  I am going to try the bacon chicken livers, they do sound good to me. I walk the aisles of the store with not much appealing to me. This is the weirdest thing that I have had happen....

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

130 this morning.

Great to see your post, Kris!

I'm with you on the appetite matter, BigSkyGal. Yesterday wound up another day lost to nausea and exhaustion. Eating seems always to result in both shortly afterward and doesn't exactly inspire me to do it. Well, I'm starting new meds today. Apparently, I've somehow got thrush back so I'm hoping my sense of taste improves once that's gone.

I hope you enjoy your chicken livers, BigSkyGal. I'm going to have to cook something or other today so am hoping for energy and inspiration as to just what.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Well, 100° exactly yesterday so not in the 90s yet.  Windy today and we have a red flag warning through Thursday so wildfires are a danger.
Hi Kris,   ~wve~

Barbara and Tamagno, I hope you get over this.  It sounds like no fun at all.  I have had the opposite problem and lately I have been eating more than I need and put on a couple of pounds.  I think some fasting is in my future.

Off to my Primary for a follow up visit this morning.  Lab work came out OK so I don't think it will be much.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

184 this morning after a low of 55 last night.

I will be ever so grateful when this round of anti's is done.  I also have the nausea and problems on the 'other end'.

Tamagno and Barb - Sending positive thoughts your way and hoping the nausea begins to abate.  John - I do hope you have a positive experience with the new medicine.  I have a relative in another state who has a rare disease and his doctor prescribed medical marijuana for him, worked wonderfully.
'
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

59 - yeah way too low.  My numbers have been super high because of my poor eating and as I'm getting back to LCHF, am not quite adjusting my insulin properly.  It's a dance (which means if I'm dancing, it's very awkward and not graceful  ;D)..

Am so sorry to hear about everyone's struggles but appreciate the warm welcome back! 

Our weather is unseasonably cool this week, hope it translates to lower temps for you too Wally. 

Grammabear

Kris - I didn't get a chance to welcome you earlier, but it is good to have you back.  The dance you mentioned earlier seems to be the same for me.  I'm taking antibiotics and they make the sugars go high.  And of course for every high, there is an accompanyiing low.  Keep trying and don't give up.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

112 this morning, 108 at bedtime last night.

Still no appetite, and stomach iffy. Tomorrow I see the Oncologist for my final visit. Will grocery shop after and get some chicken livers. Right now that is about all that sounds good to me. And that is kind of weird...

Shanny

Weird for a lot of people, no doubt, but chicken livers (or ANY livers) sounds pretty good to me.  ~yum~

Tamagno

99 this morning.

Well, I certainly slept sounder last night, but with nausea this morning; I suspect the Effexor, perhaps in combination with the thrush med. I'll keep at it awhile to see what happens. No appetite, of course. Don't like taking Marinol in the morning as it dulls my wits...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

155 this morning.

Our weather was beautiful yesterday and so far today.  It is typically Fall weather with leaves starting to turn color and grass beginning to slow down in its usual growth.

Tamagno -  Maybe you need to take the Marinol for a little while longer before you see many benefits.  I wonder if your Doctor would consider allowing you to take it at night?  Is there anything at all that even remotely looks appealing to you as far as food?

A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

77 this morning.  We ended up with a high yesterday of 92° yesterday and that is the lowest for a long time.  Not yet where we will see fall colors but still a break from the 100° + temps of Summer.
Saw my Doctor yesterday and went over my lab work.  Lipids good and the only problem was my eGFR was low which can mean kidney problems so I have to do a follow up lab test to check that out.  It's always something isn't it.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

93, yay.

Thank you Gramma, we just need to keep plugging away, don't we?

Gah, nausea is so horrible to deal with, feeling for you all. 

Oh geez Wally, fingers crossed it's nothing to worry about. 

We are having beautiful weather right now, low to mid 70's.  Not typical, but I'll take it.

bigskygal

108 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Really felt punk this morning, plus a bad headache. Did not look forward to the trip to the Oncologist. To add insult to injury he scheduled me for a CAT scan abdominal & pelvic to look at my NAFLD. Then another appt with him and one with pcp. He said to try Prilosec and see if that helped with the nausea. You are so right Wally, it is always something!!

I was so rattled, when I went to the grocery store I forgot half of the things I wanted...

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on September 13, 2018, 09:12:51 PMI was so rattled, when I went to the grocery store I forgot half of the things I wanted...
Well then, we're good to go, because we went for groceries - had one thing on the list - and came home with about six bags full! DH needed the wheelbarrow to haul it all to the house . . .