You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carbcrazydog

Am back here. 111 today morning after eating Ganesh Chaturthi prasad. I had half ladoo. my dog ate 2!

I hope everyone has been well. I had a roller coaster 2 months with kids falling sick back to back, some travel after which i had a bacterial infection which resulted in high fever. Things seem settled now and hope they remain so.

Work front is challenging in a good way. But with 2 kids and work commitments, i need more than 24 hours sometimes if i want to sleep.

I finished my 3 month diet plan and the first half was good but second half messed up with all the stuff above. Lost 5 kgs so happy about that. Now focusing on LCHF and losing the rest.

Good thing is i am back to reading- finished 4 books. The Guernsey Literary and Potato peel pie society, A man called Ove, Eleanor Oliphant is fine, The mystery of the three quarters (Hercule Poirot is back!). Also an illustrative book on "What to do when i am gone". It is a mother's advice to daughter over coping with loss when she dies. Its so funny and emotional at the same time. I bawled thinking of my mom and then my daughter :)

bigskygal

Quote from: Shanny on September 13, 2018, 10:40:57 PM
Quote from: bigskygal on September 13, 2018, 09:12:51 PMI was so rattled, when I went to the grocery store I forgot half of the things I wanted...
Well then, we're good to go, because we went for groceries - had one thing on the list - and came home with about six bags full! DH needed the wheelbarrow to haul it all to the house . . .

Shanny, if I recall correctly, you use Amazon Prime Pantry. How does that work? I am a Prime member does that qualify me?  I can't seem to find rules. A few things I want are on pantry not plain prime...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

I think being a Prime member does qualify you to use Prime Pantry.

Shanny

skb

Quote from: Shanny on September 14, 2018, 02:26:05 AM
I think being a Prime member does qualify you to use Prime Pantry.

When you login, Amazon will automatically pick up that you're a prime member.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

skb

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on September 14, 2018, 12:08:36 AM
eating Ganesh Chaturthi prasad. I had half ladoo.

I've been guilty of a lot of these excursions the past month, and now that the festive season is here, it'll be pretty bad.

Welcome back Paulomi.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

Tamagno

164 this morning.

Good to have you back, CCD; sure looks as though you've been kept busy!

Not nearly so nauseous this morning which is a great relief. Still spent too much time napping yesterday, but I got a few things done anyway so I don't seem a total slug.

Wally, somehow I recall that particular low number indicating muscle loss. Seems to me that's one I'm always low and that's what it is. There are a number of markers for kidney function so I could well be wrong, however.

I'd forgotten I'd ordered a jar of Vegemite but it came yesterday. What an interesting flavor! Very, very strong and salty with a lingering somewhat bitter after taste that's vaguely reminiscent of anchovies or fish sauce, but it's not a seafood product. I can see using it a number of different ways. I imagine it's loaded with B vitamins so likely a healthy choice.

I've no appetite any longer in the usual sense and find I'm generally satisfied by just a bite or two of something. While I often entertain thoughts of a stop at Burger King, I know I'd never manage more than that so I don't bother spending the money. The Marinol does seem to stimulate that sort of thing and I'm taking it twice a day so maybe that'll help.

Always something, indeed...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

221 this morning after a low of 50 at 4:00 a.m.

I will give the Prime Pantry a look because I hate shopping anymore.  There are just too many people who are plain rude in the store.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  Really enjoying the cooler weather.  We were at 66° this morning and a high yesterday of 93°.  This weather I can be outside all during the day and enjoy it.  I know that 93° seems hot to most people but here, even though we joke about it, it is really a dry heat and with humidity around 10-15% it is not bad at all.
Tamagno, eGFR is the estimated glomerular filtration rate which is supposed to be a measure of your kidney function.  It is based on your creatinine level so that may be related to muscle loss, I don't know.  According to what I have read there should be a follow up test to monitor if the level goes up or down or stays the same.  I have another test next month.  Not a worry right now but something to keep an eye on.
CCD, so good to hear from you.  I know that you have been busy but it is always nice to hear from you.
Barbara, I hope you get to the bottom of what is causing you the problem. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on September 14, 2018, 10:04:49 AMI hate shopping anymore.  There are just too many people who are plain rude in the store.
I don't notice rudeness . . . maybe I look so intimidating that people don't risk being rude to me - my relaxed facial expression is rather stern. But I do despise going shopping. Not even sure why, but I'll stay in the car & let DH run into the store for a thing or two - never do we go for a whole bunch of things. God bless him, he always does that chore.

auntiekris

103 this morning. 

Welcome back CCD.

Hang in there Barbara, sounds like a frustrating day for you.  I hope today is much better.

GrammaB, do you find that you have gotten used to the lows?  What do you typically do to bring it back up?  My doc wants me to take glucose tablets, ick they taste horrible, but obviously easily measurable.

Wally, did I miss that you moved to the Mojave?

Shanny, yay for teamwork!

Hooray it's Friday and yet will be working this weekend as partnerships and s corps are due Monday. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone!

bigskygal

106 this morning, 114 at bedtime last night.

Welcome back CCD!! Nice to see you posting again!

Kris, I think you are asking GrammaBear about the lows. I'm grammaB...no insulin here.

I managed to get both the CT scan follow up dr appointments on the same day the week following the scan. At least I only have to make one trip up to town for them.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Grammabear

Kris - I agree the glucose tablets taste 'ick' however they do serve a purpose.  My go to remedy for lows is either apple juice or orange juice.  If I can get ahead of the low, then I will take several glucose tablets and wait 15 minutes and test again.  My particular problem is that I can get as low as 40-50 and not feel it.  I have a Dexcom G5 which does help quite a lot.

I have to reset my targets for blood glucose because when I have to take an antibiotic it seems the ABs give me vicious lows.  This year alone I've had 6 UTIs and I'm ready for them to leave me forever but I don't think they will.

I have also taken Skittles candy and or jelly beans (Brachs) for lows.  The worst thing I do with a low is to eat anything that is loose in the kitchen in a frantic effort to raise the BG.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

bigskygal

Forgot to thank you for the link Shanny. That does answer my questions. I see Amazon now has Prime Wardrobe where you pick clothing and if you like it, you keep it, if not send back. Only pay for what you keep.

I subscribe to Stitch Fix, quarterly I get 5 items selected after filling out an online form. I have gotten several nice items...a little on the pricey end but nice items. I have to look more into Amazon's program. I hate clothes shopping about as much as any other shopping!!

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on September 14, 2018, 10:44:12 PM
Forgot to thank you for the link Shanny. That does answer my questions. I see Amazon now has Prime Wardrobe where you pick clothing and if you like it, you keep it, if not send back. Only pay for what you keep.

I subscribe to Stitch Fix, quarterly I get 5 items selected after filling out an online form. I have gotten several nice items...a little on the pricey end but nice items. I have to look more into Amazon's program. I hate clothes shopping about as much as any other shopping!!

I've placed a link to Prime Pantry in the Right Panel, at the very bottom,just above the Temperature converter. You can right click & choose to open in a new tab.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club