You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

104 this morning.

Kris, I use fruit juice for lows as well (usually cranberry/grape); generally only takes about three sips to do the job. I do carry the glucose tabs if I'm out and really don't mind the taste at all. Likely not always the best, but I avoid lows like the plague.

My firewood arrives this morning, all six cords. I'm using a new guy this year, so I'm hoping it's good quality. Humming birds are late leaving this year which perhaps is an indicator of a mild fall to come. I'd rather not start burning until at least the end of October.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Carbcrazydog

112 today morning!

Its nice to be back.

skb- I agree the festive season is tough to cope with especially in India where every celebration is linked to sweets. Wonder what Diwali is going to be like.

I am in half mind of taking an exotic vacation somewhere. Will be completing 10 years of marriage and while it has had its share of ups and downs but these two amazing kids are worth celebrating every bit. But i dont like spending money. I wonder when i will find a balance between saving and spending money. I want to see new places but then i think i can go 5 times to Goa in that money....

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  It looks like our weather is going to stay pretty much the same for a while.  Mid 90s and not a drop of rain in sight.  The people in NC and SC are getting more than enough rain right now.  Florence came but like a bad house guest won't leave.
Yeah Kris, I moved down off the mountain into town last Summer.  I am in Ridgecrest now and in some ways I miss the old place but living in town has a lot of advantages. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

92 this morning.

I also avoid lows vigorously but sometimes when a medication has other ideas, it does become extremely difficult.

Tamagno - Don't know about you since you have the touch screen G5, but my older style receiver died yesterday.  After calling Dexcom and going through many steps trying to "wake" up the receiver again, the tech support person said they would be replacing it with a new one.  It was then that I was glad I had downloaded the G5 app to my phone.  At least I'm not totally without my Dexcom.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Shanny

Quote from: Carbcrazydog on September 15, 2018, 07:12:41 AMI wonder when i will find a balance between saving and spending money.
If you're anything like me, the answer to that is a resounding 'NEVER!' I was even a scrooge when I was a child and my mom would laugh at me for taking only a nickel when we went to town. Well, a nickel would buy a bag of hot roasted cashew nuts, and I guess that's all I wanted.  ;D  Wonder what those would cost now, 65 years later!

Grammabear

Shanny - I can remember the days when I would be walking home from school and find a nickel and be delighted.  On the rare occasion when I found a quarter (25 cents) I would hoard it until I found a penny (1 cent) because the total of the two coins would buy a soda at the local Walgreens store in town - which obviously doesn't exist anymore.  And I know sodas are probably also non existent.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

You're right - they prob'ly don't - only because there are no longer any "drug stores" as we knew them back then. I remember being able to get an ice cream soda for 20¢, and after school each day several of us would go there to buy a Reese's peanut butter cup & a coke for 10¢ . . . prob'ly a nickel apiece!

bigskygal

116 this morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

The Prilosec is definitely helping the nausea, but I still have no appetite. Grocery shopping is so frustrating when nothing looks good...I did get some chicken livers so will fix them tomorrow.

Ah nostalgia! I grew up a couple of blocks from Dryer's Ice Cream factory in Oakland, CA. When I was a kid, an ice cream cone, single scoop, was 10 cents. What was hard was deciding what flavor!

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

auntiekris

119.  I just bought some cauliflower pizza crusts and they're amazing.  I need to work on perfecting getting them crispier, and maybe over did it, hence the higher number, but I'm learning that I'd rather be a tad higher and satisfied than getting super frustrated and going off the rails completely.

Yes, sorry, I guess I think of you (GrammaB) as Barb and was just shortening GrammaBear.  Thanks to GrammaBear and John for the reply about the lows.  Sometimes I worry I'm too flippant about them because I am usually going so so high.  But I can tell I'm getting a bit desensitized and know that's not good. 

Congrats on 10 years CCD, that's no easy feat.  Ah balance, seems to be ever elusive in my life. 

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on September 15, 2018, 07:43:53 PM
Ah nostalgia!
Exactly my words, reading all your posts.

Paulomi, if it must be the sea, you could try Vizag or Pondicherry. Goa is too crowded now.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

bigskygal

I can't wait to share!!! My DD just called me, she and her wife are expecting their 3rd child in March!!! They think it might be a boy!!! A BOY!!! I have 5 granddaughters! He will have the same father donor and mother as Eliza so they will be true siblings. I am so excited!!

skb

Congratulations Barbara.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

109 this morning.

Yes, BigSkyGal, congratulations!

Firewood came yesterday. Now, I just have to have it stacked, get the chimney sweep in and a couple of similar chores and I'm ready for the cold.

Grammabear, I hope your CGM gets replaced quickly! I've come to rely on those glucose readings quite a lot and find I'm lost without it. Dexcom remains pretty backed up trying to meet the demand, but so far has still been responsive and will likely get that out as quickly as possible.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

84 this morning.

Congratulations Barb.  I do hope you get your grandson, but at any rate, you will be happy to cuddle another little person.

It is so humid here that our portable air conditioner puts out more than a gallon of water daily into the drain pan.  Will be glad when cooler, less humid weather comes.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021