You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigskygal

104 this morning, 96 at bedtime last night.

skb, I haven't seen the pcp yet as the test hasn't been done yet. It is on Wednesday and I see both Oncologist and pcp on the 27th. The Oncologist ordered the scan...

DD's bday is March 16. This is the second baby for her wife in under 2 years so he may come early and fast.

I saw an ad online for a cauliflower pizza crust that looked good, but can't find it anywhere. It is called Outer Aisle Gourmet cauliflower crust. I think it might be frozen...if I recall correctly.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

bigskygal

That would be the ones!! As they are perishable I was hoping to find them locally. Thanks for the link Shanny, I'm not on FB or Instagram. I may have seen them on Twitter...I just read there and don't post... 

I just may have to give them a try.

Success! I found a source up in town that carries them!! I will pick up both the pizza and wraps (if they have both) on Wed when I have my scan done.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

Terrific! Doncha just love it when a plan comes together?! <3 <3 <3

bigskygal

It is thanks to you Shanny for the FB link! I hope they actually have them!

Tamagno

120 this morning.

Sounds fun, Wally, but am a little nervous it may lead to "smart-home" fever.

I managed to thaw out a chuck roast yesterday thinking it was a leg of lamb. Guess today I'll be making pot toast, like it or not...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on September 18, 2018, 05:04:34 AMI managed to thaw out a chuck roast yesterday thinking it was a leg of lamb. Guess today I'll be making pot toast, like it or not...
LOL! This stunt has 'Shanny' written all over it!  ~klp~

Grammabear

62 this morning.

Barb - If they don't have them, you could try ordering online.  I did that last night and it seemed to be successful.  The shipping charges to the Midwest are steep, but I definitely want to try their products.  The nearest store for me is over a 4-5 hrs drive away - not worth the effort because I'm too lazy.

Tamagno - At least you have a useable piece of food when you're done.  I've done the same thing thinking I had a whole chicken when in fact I had a 'carcass' put away for soup.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  Tamagno, been there, done that.  I never write on the outside what is in the package because I always am sure that I will just know what it is.  Nope, sometimes it is a surprise.   :D
Not worried about getting "smart home" fever here.  I'm just not into it.  I would never own an "Alexa" or similar and I don't even use Siri on my iPhone.  I have no problem using a light switch and I have no need to turn on my A/C from across town but even in this kind of backwater town there are many that deem this sort of thing necessary. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

Snap Wally! 104 here this morning too. 96 at bedtime last night.

LOL Tamagno, I have done that so many times that I always label and date anything that goes into the freezer.

GrammaBear, I'd be leery of ordering online after reading some of the comments. Several people said the delivery service would't leave the package unless some one was home as they are perishable. Frozen I think... Now I am almost always home, but if they won't leave the package if I am not, that could be a problem. Does the PO/UPS/FEDEX have freezer storage??? Please let us know how your deiivery goes.

Grammabear

Quote from: bigskygal on September 18, 2018, 07:24:49 PM
Snap Wally! 104 here this morning too. 96 at bedtime last night.

LOL Tamagno, I have done that so many times that I always label and date anything that goes into the freezer.

GrammaBear, I'd be leery of ordering online after reading some of the comments. Several people said the delivery service would't leave the package unless some one was home as they are perishable. Frozen I think... Now I am almost always home, but if they won't leave the package if I am not, that could be a problem. Does the PO/UPS/FEDEX have freezer storage??? Please let us know how your deiivery goes.

Barb  - I am having trouble with blurry vision, so I wasn't able to read any of the comments.  I probably should have asked my hubby to read them for me.  At any rate, I will let you know how things turn out.  I wish you well at your Dr appts and at the grocery store.  I hope they have what you want.  :)
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

We don't have a lot of trouble with deliveries, because all of our deliverers basically know us, and even if we're away at the moment, they know we never go very far afield, and will be back soon. The ones who don't know us quite as well will often leave the package in the shop where it's cooler, instead of  outside where it might heat up too much. There ARE advantages to this rural/small town environment!  :)

Tamagno

95 this morning.

Well, my pot toast (sic) turned out pretty good, anyway. At least lots of left overs!

I don't talk to my computers either, Wally. There's tons of new tech coming that way lately, but none looks compelling to me.

I'll be curious how your ordering goes, Bigskygal. I looked at Amazon Prime Pantry yesterday, but only quickly. I'm torn between the cost of ordering/delivery and continued fatigue. I need a few things from the grocery today, but will have to wait to see if I can manage it; if not, there's enough around to eat for now.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Shanny

Quote from: walkerwally1 on September 18, 2018, 09:53:27 AM104 this morning.  Tamagno, been there, done that.  I never write on the outside what is in the package because I always am sure that I will just know what it is.  Nope, sometimes it is a surprise.   :D
Not worried about getting "smart home" fever here.  I'm just not into it.  I would never own an "Alexa" or similar and I don't even use Siri on my iPhone.  I have no problem using a light switch and I have no need to turn on my A/C from across town but even in this kind of backwater town there are many that deem this sort of thing necessary.
We all belong to a different generation . . . as young people, we never imagined cell phones, let alone all these computer programs that can translate to such remote commands.  ;D

Grammabear

135 this morning.

Lately I've been doing a lot of 'talking' to my computer - the desktop PC and my comments have been anything but nice ones.  It quit working probably two weeks ago and I sure miss the larger screen.  The laptop works fine, thank goodness, but the screen is small and hard for me to see.

Today is our 48 wedding anniversary.  Hard to believe we've been privileged to have that many years together.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021