You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

94 this morning.

My laptop was being naughty this morning and did not want to work.  So I left it alone all day whilst I was grocery shopping and doing errands.  When I returned, maybe it missed me so it is working tonight.

Don't like painting either but did get the kitchen all fixed up fancy last fall and the old color walls which have been there forever - hubby decided we needed a new look.  Just can't decide on the color.

Barb - Can you tolerate anything like peppermint or ginger tea?  It might help your nausea and I hope the Dr finds out why you feel poorly.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

133 this morning.

Heavens, I'd forgotten about wallpaper; definitely worse than painting.

BigSkyGal, don't know if you can get it out there, but Marinol has very much helped my nausea. It's pharmaceutical marijuana in a pill which is quite different from medical marijuana. Likely have to come from your oncologist.

I got a lot more done yesterday which was great. I'm pretty sure I've got a leg of lamb in the freezer I'd really like to grill while it's still warm enough and will see if I can do that tonight.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

117 this morning.

I continue to have trouble.  I lost my email server yesterday and as yet I don't know how to get it back.  That means I cannot receive email nor send email.  This makes me very sad as that is the only outside contact I have with the world.  I could send a email through Google yesterday, not sure about today.

Tamagno - I'm glad the marinol helps you.  I hope you can grill out tonight - do enjoy it.  Our weather has turned a lot cooler and we're going to take advantage of that today and mow the grass.

If I am absent for a while, you will know my computer completely quit on me....:(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  Well, happy autumnal equinox, or September equinox, or vernal equinox, for those in the Northern Hemi, or happy first day of Fall, or Autumn !  We know that Winter is not far away.

Grammabear, I don't know how you lose your email server unless you mean you lost your log-in.  Or did your email server just go off line ?  It is a pain changing email and having to notify all of your contacts of your new email but I have done it before.  Email through my ISP was just too clunky.  I have had very good luck with Gmail.  It is free and has a lot of storage.  Works well with my desktop and my phone also.
Tamagno, I hope you get the leg of lamb this time !   ;D
Barbara, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of the cause for the nausea.  That has gone on too long.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

I also use Gmail, and it's a lot easier than monkeying around with the ISP version. I've never had problems with it. I keep two accounts . . . one for personal use, and the second one for online ordering.

Grammabear

Quote from: Shanny on September 22, 2018, 10:52:51 AM
I also use Gmail, and it's a lot easier than monkeying around with the ISP version. I've never had problems with it. I keep two accounts . . . one for personal use, and the second one for online ordering.

Shanny - I also have a gmail acct but prior to this problem I have now I would use my other email account for ordering online.  You mean I can have two gmail accounts and use one strictly for ordering?  I've been beating my head against a brick wall trying to work with the other email account.  It is a free acct through Mozilla so there really is no one to call and complain to.  I lost my internet yesterday and in the process lost my email server login too.  Aargh....................
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

Shanny

I don't know if there's a limit on how many accounts one can have with Gmail, but I have the two for myself, and another one for another site I manage - so that makes three.

Oops - we have another one for DH, so that makes four.

bigskygal

98 this morning, 113 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, my go to for nausea is Sleepy Time tea with chamomile, cool spearmint and fresh lemongrass. I also chew on dried ginger. The Prilosec helped for a few days but still have the nausea and no appetite. No appetite in the earl day, but can eat some around early evening. This is so weird...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on September 21, 2018, 08:01:00 PM
My laptop was being naughty this morning and did not want to work.  So I left it alone all day whilst I was grocery shopping and doing errands.  When I returned, maybe it missed me so it is working tonight.

So long as you have Internet, you can connect to the forum using any device like an iPad, other tablets or Smart Phone. You'd need a Browser app or Safari to do so, since we've not yet made our own App and I don't like Tapatalk (the one the other forum used) for security reasons.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

174 this morning.

Yup, grilled, marinaded leg of lamb; came out great and lots of leftovers.

Grammabear, on older PCs I often got my e-mail settings boluxed up. Could be something as simple as a look at the settings to be sure they're right.

Glad you're feeling better Skygal!

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

99 this morning.

Tamagno - I'm sure you are pleased your leg of lamb turned out well and that there are leftovers.  That always makes meal planning a lot easier, in my opinion.  As far as email acct I can mess them up easily, but this time it was the lightning storm, or one of them, that hit somewhere near our house and took out the internet provider's tower.  I'm told they are working hard to fix it, but it has been two days now and nothing has changed.

Everytime it rains hard or there is lightning, our satellite tv, phone and internet goes down as they are all in a "bundle" package from the internet provider.  We live in the rural area which is hard to find a provider at all, much less a different one.  I'm looking, but so far haven't had a lot of success.  So, when I have internet I am happy.  Will be glad to spend time getting these problems fixed.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  I have nothing planned for today so I am just going to take it easy and kind of do nothing.  My biggest deal will be walking from time to time.   :D
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

115 this rainy morning, 115 at bedtime last night.  I don't like these numbers...but they are what they are...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

165 this morning.

At least that explains the problem, Grammabear. I've had similar troubles out here in the woods, but have found (so far, at least) no good solution for internet access beyond the area's cable company - we don't even have cell service here, so I couldn't even use that. Hopefully, yours will be back up soon. Gmail only allows you to use PS3 (hope that's the right abbreviation) during set up, so if you aren't already using that, you'll need a new address. Older e-mail addresses are a different format. When I got a Windows laptop that was an issue during set up.

Finally got a half dozen decent home grown tomatoes from a friend yesterday. I'm going to make a crustless tomato and onion pie with them using a lattice of bacon for the crust and some cheese. Hopefully, it'll be good.

walkerwally1

101 this morning, same as yesterday.  The weather continues to stay about the same each day but in a week we are supposed to be down to highs in the 80s.   ~clp~
Tamagno, tomatoes, onion, cheese and bacon sounds pretty good to me. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024