You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

289 this morning after 390 (21.61) last night.

I had a heck of a night because of a partial equipment failure.  The cannula I put in last night went in at right angles and there is no way of knowing that until you get crummy numbers later on.  Dexcom G5 woke me during the night with an alarm and I got up and check my glucose levels and they were sky high.  I took a correction by injection and went back to sleep only to have Dexcom wake me again a short time later with a louder alarm.  This time I stayed up and changed everything out.  This morning the numbers are down about 100 points and I'm feeling crummy but grateful for Dexcom.

Living in the rural area has its advantages but dependable satellite service isn't one of them.  Whenever it rains, snows, storms or the wind blows hard - we lose our service and sometimes we lose our electricity.  There are towers of every shape and kind in our area for cell phones, so our cell service is decent.  But not so much everything else.

Weather here is definitely cooling off and I hope the mosquitoes die along with the heat.  So done with mosquitoes.

Hope everyone has a good day.  Stay strong.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

auntiekris

87  this morning. 

Had an incredibly busy long weekend.  Went to a music festival in the Sierras and camped out for two nights.  Got back and had to move my stuff back into my place after getting new floors and moved my friend in as well.  That was an all day affair and I'm still sore from all the hauling.

And yesterday participated in my first petanque tournament.  Worst team, but considering we were all relatively new to the game, not surprising.  So much fun though, so am going to Fresno in a few weeks to do it all over again in another tournament.

Sorry Barb you're still feeling nauseous, how frustrating.  And Grammabear, the yo-yo-ing is so exhausting.  Tamagno, mmmmm that tart sounds amazing.  Jealous of your leisurely day Wally.

Happy Monday all!

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on September 24, 2018, 03:48:15 AM
I'm going to make a crustless tomato and onion pie with them using a lattice of bacon for the crust and some cheese. Hopefully, it'll be good.
OMG! It sounds amazing!   ~hgr~

Shanny

Quote from: auntiekris on September 24, 2018, 12:22:38 PM
Had an incredibly busy long weekend.  Went to a music festival in the Sierras and camped out for two nights. 
I remember those days when we were younger ('younger', because we didn't even meet each other until we were 40s/50s!) We lived in Colorado in those days & there were lots of festivals along the Front Range. And we loved going camping! Then we found this old fishing lodge, and living here is like camping all year round! Again, when we were younger we enjoyed the river more than we do now . . . I'd come home from work & go straight to the water & DH was kind enough to wait for me . . .

auntiekris

Shanny, I don't go camping nearly enough, that's for sure.  Wow, you live in an old fishing lodge?!  Sounds amazing!

Shanny

http://www.oldstagecoachstop.org/webgeezer/Gazette13/pages%2030-39%20Cave%20Lodge2.pdf

The lodge is all that is left because a former owner dismantled the cabins in order to refurbish the lodge.

auntiekris

Ahhh, I see.  Very cool!

Shanny

The coolest part shows in the picture on what is called page 32 of that article where the old lodge is pictured from the riverside . . . all the porches have been removed from the lodge, but nothing can change the proximity of the river below & the lodge up high on the bluff!

bigskygal

103 this morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Still feeling punk....

Tamagno, that tart sounds yummy!!

Shanny what an amazing piece of history you have about your home!! Very cool!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on September 24, 2018, 06:17:26 PM
Shanny what an amazing piece of history you have about your home!! Very cool!
We had no idea when we first found it . . . DH had been down here visiting his family & happened to drive by & saw a sale sign in the yard. . . he was looking for a place on a river. At first he drove on past, but realized what we was seeing & turned around to have a second look. The rest is history! :)

Grammabear

You are most fortunate to have such a complete history and pictures.  I'm glad you two found this place.  Great place to enjoy yourselves.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

skb

Quote from: Shanny on September 24, 2018, 03:35:01 PM
http://www.oldstagecoachstop.org/webgeezer/Gazette13/pages%2030-39%20Cave%20Lodge2.pdf

The lodge is all that is left because a former owner dismantled the cabins in order to refurbish the lodge.

Wow. Really amazing.

Have just glanced through the article. Will read at leisure during the day.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

179 this morning.

Doing the "archeology" and history of an old house is great fun; wonderful tale, Shanny.

Grammabear, I've experienced similar problems. Often, though, when I pull out the bad cannula, I often find it perfectly straight. Sometimes if I flush the line with more insulin and also the insert it helps considerably.

I made the tomato pie yesterday, but won't be eating it until tonight with some pot roast. It smells good...
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

82 this morning.  We have a low of 62° this morning and it is supposed to be in the 80s next week.  Looking forward to that !
Neat story Shanny.  The history of an area can be quite interesting.  The house we had in the mountains was next to a restaurant/lodge and the house was built for the owner in the 50s.  The place was a stage stop for the wagon loads carrying gold to Los Angeles and down the hill was a stand of rocks called Robbers roost because bandits hid there to rob them.  The Lodge was owned by Victor Hugo at one time.  Unfortunately it caught fire one day and burned to the ground.   
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

94 this morning.

You folks sure have interesting stories about your homes or points of interest in the area in which you live.  I love stories about the history of particular areas.

Tamagno - Unfortunately this cannula I removed was indeed bent at right angles.  It looked like somebody sat on it and I was really surprised that it was bent.  However when I removed it, I ended up with a 'bleeder' which is also most annoying.

I have an appt tomorrow to pick up my hearing aid from being repaired (I hope).  At that point I have to make a decision on whether I want to purchase a new one or get along with the current one.  It is a hard choice to make as we have no insurance.

Our weather here is 69 deg F this morning and we can have our windows open.  Sure was good sleeping weather last night.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021