You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

112 this morning.

Tamagno - Oh my goodness !  If there wasn't enough excitement in your life, you decided to generate a little of your own by returning to the ER?  I don't know about you but I don't like that place one little bit.  I hope they get your situation sorted out soon and you begin to feel better.  Your vegetable salad along with the rest of your supper sounds so delicious.  I hope you were able to enjoy it. 

Hubby has the kitchen sort of torn up painting.  He has necessary drop cloths everywhere making it convenient for painting but not convenient for meal prep.  He is doing a great job and we both are looking forward to seeing a new wall color soon besides yellow that we have had for the last 40+ years.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  We had a high of 89° yesterday and that is the first time since Summer started we have been under 90°.   ~clp~
We still have a 40% chance of rain comming but now it is for Wednesday instead of Tuesday.
Gosh Tamagno, I am sure you could do without that kind of excitement ! 
Barbara, I really hope you get to feeling better soon.
Grammabear, it is a chore to put up with the mess but new paint makes everything look so much better.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

"Whew!" indeed! If my phone rang at 11pm, that alone would put me away, let alone such frightening lab results!

bigskygal

101 this rainy morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

OMG Tamagno!! What a horrible call to get so late in the evening! Hope you are feeling better and recover soon.  ~hug~

Once again, grocery shopping exhausted me... but I did find something that sounded good to eat. At the hot bar they had chicken dumpling soup and it smelled delish so I got a small container of it. Ate 1/2 of it for dinner and it was good! I know dumplings, no bueno, but considering nothing has tasted good in weeks, I'll take my punishment for it.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on September 30, 2018, 05:06:14 AM
A nasty surprise yesterday morning as I learned that an ER doc had called Friday around 11pm to tell me that one of my labs came back positive for the same bacteria as the UTI and I am severely anemic and probably to weak to live.

I'm not sure I understand the problem/s fully.

I hope to receive better news from you today.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

205 this morning.

I don't understand much either including the rather important matter of the source of anemia. Anyway, I feel the same, which is okay, and did stop by the ER to have blood drawn. Preliminary results are mostly unchanged, but I'll be seeing my GP later today who is always very sensible and not one for alarm.

I'm with you Grammabear, I hate ERs and hospitals.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning and I have no idea where that number came from.

I'm getting so I don't like doctors and their offices in general.  There is so much assembly line medicine these days.  Staff says they will deliver a message for you to the doctor and then they don't.  Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in what they say overall.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  The weather report changes every day.  I don't know why they try to give a 10 day prediction when they don't seem to know what it is going to do tomorrow !  At least as far as rain goes around here.  Temperature they seem to be fairly close most of the time.  Although the chance of rain is down to 10% the temperature is supposed to be heading to the low 80s and high 70s for the next week.  That I can enjoy.
Tamagno, I don't know why but when I was in the hospital with my broken hip the doctor said I was anemic and needed a blood transfusion "just to be safe".  I could have turned it down but I said OK because, well, he was the doctor.  Still don't know what could have been the cause but I got 2 pints.  There doesn't seem to be a problem since and my primary is happy with my test results since so  ~tnk~
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

108 this cloudy morning, 115 at bedtime last night.

Last night I found my ultrasound report online at the hospital portal. Says no gall bladder stones! I don't quite know what all the other parts of the report mean, but I'm thinking that means no surgery needed.  :) The test for iron in the liver is still out there...

Surgeon's office called this morning to cancel my appt again another trauma emergency. Friday they told me he wasn't on-call today so would be no problem...wrong! So now I go in Wed. Frustrating! At least I was still at home.

Actually felt pretty well most of the morning, then the nausea returned...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

223 this morning.

Saw my GP yesterday who was unflappable as usual, and took more blood before proceeding with anything else.

Thankfully, he's very much not running an assembly line practice, and his front office staff is great. Still don't know the source of reported anemia, but I'm suspecting the first UTI antibiotic I was given.

BigSkyGal, in reading my own labs and scans, I discover much. The first is that I don't know enough to properly interpret them. Whenever I see something odd, I often find it actually means something different from what I thought. I've also found that those on-line prescription meds descriptions we all look at are quite different than the ones used by docs. The really major things tend to pop out though.

A big issue around here is support staff. I've got good docs, but in some cases their staff just doesn't do as promised from scheduling and meds to billing. There's a lot of room for the introduction of errors including lousy reports the result of software problems.

Unless I feel really lousy, I find it best to stay away. My team's successes are remarkable, but there have been way too many iatrogenic issues all the way around.

Today I'm planning on slacking and will enjoy time alone. I'll finish dealing with Wi-Fi matters today and may well make a lasagna. If I'm too lazy, it can wait...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Well, there is a prediction of possible rain today and tomorrow and we have a lot of clouds over us so it could happen.  I would love to see it.
Tamagno, I had to look up  iatrogenic and yes, that is a scary problem.  The staff at my cardiologist office are very sharp and conscientious but the clinic where my primary is located are not.  I know from a friend of mine whos wife worked there once that they are paid only minimum wage and there is a high turn over.  Messages are often lost and communication with my doctor is lousy.  The fortunate thing is that I can contact my doctor through the patient portal directly but she counts on her staff to pass on messages form her to me and that has been a problem. 
Barbara, good to hear no gall stones but sorry about your problems seeing your doctor.  Hopefully when you do get a chance to see him you can get to the source of your problem.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

120 this morning.

The patient portal at my GPs office is almost non-existent.  I sent a message to my GP two weeks ago regarding proper instructions for taking a new medication and she still hasn't answered it - likely because her staff either didn't see it OR they never got it.  I've called customer service and they insist that I never sent it.  Funny how I have a printed copy in my hand and they say it doesn't exist.  The particular problem exists in more than just my GP office.  If I can't get past customer support, then I can't reach the doctor either.  Very frustrating.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

I guess I am lucky there.  If I send my doctor a message it goes directly to her and she gets back to me by the next day at the latest.  She is very good about answering messages. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 02, 2018, 04:39:49 AM...there have been way too many iatrogenic issues all the way around.
It's a rare day I have to run to the dictionary, but you sent me there today, John!  ;)

Grammabear

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 02, 2018, 10:31:24 AM
I guess I am lucky there.  If I send my doctor a message it goes directly to her and she gets back to me by the next day at the latest.  She is very good about answering messages.

Wally - I'm glad for those people who do have success in sending their doctor a electronic message.  It used to be different with my doctor, but the health system she works for was 'merged' with University of Wisconsin on July 1st of 2018.  The customer service department that handles customer complaints re:  electronic issues seems to rely on the fact that they are experiencing a few 'bugs' in their system.  They seem not to care if the patient is not getting their needs met.  We are told to call the respective clinic if we have an issue.  However....in order to reach the respective clinic we have to go through a call center who then decides if or when to relay our message to the doctor.  No one EVER gets through directly to the doctor's office or his/her staff.  That is why I have no respect for assembly line medicine.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021