You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

181 this morning.

This anemia-induced fatigue is alarming as it seems to hit hard, suddenly and without reason. Makes it hard to plan the day, but I seem better this morning after much sleep.

Auntiekris, I'd not heard of pétanque, although I've a passing acquaintance with its Italian cousin bocci having seen it often in New York City. An interesting choice of sports!

Haven't yet checked the weather but I may be able to grill one more time tonight. Fall cold moves in this weekend coinciding with our usual October 15th frost date.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

158 this morning.

The switch from Novolog to Humalog isn't going quite as smooth as I had hoped.  I have to do some more math and try to make it come out right so my numbers are better.  The change in seasons from warm weather to cold weather doesn't help much either.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

88 this morning.  Another cool morning at 51° but still heading to 80° today.  It can get pretty cold here in the winter but we still can grill outdoors for most of the year. 
Tamagno, I'm not sure what causes anemia but I hope you can do something about it.
I had never heard of Petanque either but apparently it is like lawn bowling.  When I was a kid we had a nearby city park that had lovely lawn bowling greens and I used to watch the adults play there.  It looks like it can be quite challenging.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

80 this morning. 

SKB, competitive shooter in what sport?  As in skeet shooting?  Yes, it's very similar to the Italian bocci ball.  It's amazing to see how accurate some people can be.  But what's fun is each game can be so different depending on the piste, some being sandy, some being very gravelly.  And the strategy.  And the camaraderie is the best.  I could go on and on... ;D

Tamagno, hope you feel better and are able to get that outdoor grilling in.  Yep Wally, most often not a problem for us here in CA.

And now to the mines!

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 09, 2018, 04:20:46 AMHaven't yet checked the weather but I may be able to grill one more time tonight. Fall cold moves in this weekend coinciding with our usual October 15th frost date.
Our first frost date is about Oct. 1 (although we haven't had one yet this year), but the grill is on the porch about two steps right outside the kitchen door, so it doesn't impact our grilling very much. I oughta fire up that old thing too . . . got some really nice pork chops in the fridge!

Grammabear

We used to have neighbors that would put on warm coat and fire up their grill when snow was on the ground.  Sure smelled mighty good when they had chicken or steaks on their grill.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

96 this rainy morning, 117 at bedtime last night.

High today was 48°F overnight prediction is 33°F. The snow level on the mountains behind me is creeping down towards the valley floor.  Won't be long before there is snow here...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: auntiekris on October 09, 2018, 11:42:03 AM
SKB, competitive shooter in what sport?  As in skeet shooting? 

Pistol shooting. I'm now into Administration. VP with the state association.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Shanny

My dad did the same back when I was in my teens. He was on the Nebraska Pistol Team, and one year back then we vacationed on the shores of Lake Erie while he competed in the National Pistol Matches at Camp Perry, Ohio.

Tamagno

158 this morning.

Slept really late this morning and didn't get up until almost 7:30. Sure shouldn't be tired today!

SKB, I've a friend who's into pistol shooting and considered it myself for awhile as you can no longer by ammo in Connecticut without a special license. Once I realized I'd never get myself to a range regularly I gave up the idea. Now, I just practice on rabid raccoons, which is pretty rare.

Yesterday got boluxed up when my wife realized her car gas tank was leaking and needed a ride to the dealer, so no grilling last night. I've got some curried pork marinating that I'll do tonight. I know people around here who also grill all winter, but I can't stand the cold myself.

Grammabear, I've not had those troubles switching between Novolog and Humalog but it's tiresome to have to make those calculations.

Bocci, as far as I can tell, also involves drinking wine, eating Italian goodies and speaking Neapolitan. I assume in pétanque that gets switched to wine and cheese, but must one also speak French?

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

103 this morning.

Tamagno - I spent several hours yesterday writing down my pump settings and then comparing them with the download from the Dexcom G5.  I am finding that the G5 has a 'signal loss' more often than the G4 did.  Do you have the G5 or the newer G6 and have the same issue with signal loss?

Yesterday was an absolutely gorgeous summer type day with temperature as high as 84 deg.  This morning, however, the temperature is 69 deg and it just feels like old Mr. Winter is peeking around the corner.  Some morning in the not too distant future I am going to wake up and the ground will be white. 
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

96 this morning.  Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous, about 80° with a slight breeze and bright and sunny.  It is really dark now at 6 AM and on the cool side so I think my early morning walks are going to start about an hour later.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

auntiekris

168 now, although forgot to check when I woke up.  One of those nights/mornings where you wake up at 2am and just fall back asleep as the alarm is going off.  Sigh.

C'est vrai Tamagno, maybe I love petanque because you don't need to have any real fitness level to play.  And I do seem to get better when I add in wine and cheese.   ;D

bigskygal

100 this cold morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Kind of a bust at the doctor today. He said I didhave pancreatitis, but it is gone now. OK, hope it doesn't come back...

Then he addressed my fatty liver situation. My liver enzymes go up and down and have since 2005. Sometimes they are really high then back to normal. Last blood test they were high so he said to lay off all alcohol for three months and see if they come back down again. Historically they will so I'm kind of torn.  It's not like I drink a bottle of booze a night...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

He's just fishing around trying to find something he can say HE figured out. If I were you, I'd continue to enjoy an occasional alcoholic drink . . . it obviously has had nothing to do with previous ups & downs of your blood sugar, and you have 13 years of documentation! I think we've found over the years that a drink or two lowers our blood sugar, since our bodies will move more quickly against a perceived toxin like alcohol, than ordinary carbs.