You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on October 13, 2018, 08:10:00 PM
I posted this morning and it has since disappeared.

I assume it was in the Fasting thread. I searched for any moved or deleted posts but couldn't find anything. Most probably, you didn't save it.

However, we do have a plug-in installed, that would auto-save (on your computer) any post that you typed but didn't save.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

162 this morning.

It seems too early to be talking about snow with leaves still on the trees; for that matter, even hard frost seems a bit much!

I think I've no big plans today; my wife wants to cook today and is going to roast a chicken which she does better than most anyone (no brining or fancy basting, etc., just letting it rest a half hour or so after cooking does the trick). Hopefully, though, I'll be collecting my squirrels for stew at church this morning.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

113 this morning.

Tamagno - Your statement about collecting your squirrels at church reminded me of the song "Mississippi Squirrel Revival" by Ray Stevens 1984.  We laughed at that one way more than once.

What is the most favored way of cooking a whole chicken?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

87 this morning.  Not worried about any snow here, heading to about 75° today and that is supposed to be the coolest for the next few days.  Not even any snow in the High Sierras yet but it is early for this part of the country.
Grammabear, I have had that happen when I thought I had posted and didn't.  I am not sure but I think it was just missing hitting the "post" button before exiting. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

103 this brisk morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

Well, I have you guys beat here. Had about 1/2" of snow last night at midnight. It was melted off by the time I got up this morning, but it was kind of nice to see it coming down. And my trees have barely begun to drop their leaves The mountains have a decent amount of snow on them already.

Today's high was 47°F overnight predicted to be 27°F, but no snow in forecast.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Shanny

Quote from: bigskygal on October 14, 2018, 05:55:05 PMAnd my trees have barely begun to drop their leaves. The mountains have a decent amount of snow on them already.

Today's high was 47°F overnight predicted to be 27°F, but no snow in forecast.

None of our trees are losing leaves except for one young sugar maple, and that worries me . . . I fear the tree may be diseased and dying, and it's one of my favorite trees on the whole property. It had sprouted from the mother tree over toward Lake of the Ozarks, and DH transplanted it to our back yard, hoping it would display the same gorgeous fall orange color as the mother tree did. It's been a seemingly healthy tree for 30 years, but I don't remember it ever dropping all its leaves like this, before other trees start dropping at all.

bigskygal

My miniature maple and the may bush tree have lost all their leaves but none of the big trees yet.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Shanny

Well . . . okay. This makes me feel a little better about our little maple. <3

Tamagno

146 this morning.

A number of years back, we had a heavy snow while leaves were still on trees. What a wreck! Many, many trees badly damaged or killed and power was out for over a week. It's a bit odd this fall as I'd have thought with all our rain we'd have great foliage, but no.

SKB, yesterday I finally discovered that India is the main producer of cashew nuts which are perhaps my favorite; and yet, I don't recall seeing them in many recipes of your great cuisine. Am I missing something?

Grammabear, a whole chicken roasted normally in the oven even with just salt and pepper, if allowed to rest after it's done for at least a half hour makes a remarkably juicy chicken. Sometime though, I'm going to do it using compound butter spread around under the skin. Never tried brining or the beer can method, but it's that resting that consolidates juices in the meat regardless.

Can't say I've ever heard that squirrel song; but perhaps I should look for it...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

114 this morning.

Our neighbor has a big maple that has lost all its leaves while all the other trees leaves are still green.  Don't think her tree is sick, just seems to be doing its thing early.  We have not had the usual fall colour show that is normal for this area.  Kinda sad to go from summer to winter without the typical 'Indian Summer.'

Our painting is done.  Now to clean up and put things back into place so we have a working kitchen again. 
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  It is supposed to be windy here today but very windy in Southern California.  Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties are getting what they call "Santa Ana" winds where the wind comes from the desert and tears down the mountains.  This makes for very dangerous fire conditions. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Tamagno on October 15, 2018, 03:48:53 AMA number of years back, we had a heavy snow while leaves were still on trees. What a wreck! Many, many trees badly damaged or killed and power was out for over a week. It's a bit odd this fall as I'd have thought with all our rain we'd have great foliage, but no.

Can't say I've ever heard that squirrel song; but perhaps I should look for it...
Here's the squirrel song . . . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K16fG1sDagU

And many years ago when I still lived in Colorado, we sometimes had heavy snows in early September which caused all kinds of chaos because the trees were still leafed out & severely damaged from the weight of the very wet snow . . . power outages being the worst result.

bigskygal

111 this morning, 91 at bedtime last night.

The Fall colors here have been gorgeous! Getting to see them was the only good thing about all my trips up to the hospital!

LOL Shanny, never heard that before, but it's a hoot!

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on October 15, 2018, 03:48:53 AMSKB, yesterday I finally discovered that India is the main producer of cashew nuts which are perhaps my favorite; and yet, I don't recall seeing them in many recipes of your great cuisine. Am I missing something?

Well, I didn't know that until I read your post. Cashew is grown in some parts of the coastal west. It does find mention in some of the gravy preparations, but I think it is the "cost" which is prohibitive.

All you, preparing for the white carpet of the winters ahead, take care, and remember, pictures speak more than a 1000 words.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

105 this morning.

Thanks, Shanny; that one's a real kick!

Trees up here are usually pretty reliable in their "leafing" habits. It seems those tend to change as the tree nears the end of its life span, but nothing seems terribly reliable in predicting just what they'll do.

Saw my oncologist yesterday who says I'm still anemic and wants more tests, naturally. I'm so sick of doctors and tests I could scream (and perhaps will try that later) but there's no talking to my wife about it. Still have to get my thyroid biopsied later this week...