You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammabear

88 this morning.

Tamagno - I, too, am sick of seeing doctors although I don't see as many as you.  Sometimes I wonder if I am not just another number. 

Skb - Have you ever seen snow in any part of India where you live?  If I could share the white stuff, I would send you as much as your heart desires.  It is pretty when it first falls covering the ground with white.  But soon after that it gets to be an old process.  One has to put on boots so your feet don't slip on the sidewalk or get cold.  You also have to wear a heavy coat, hat, scarf around your neck and gloves on your hands so they don't get cold too.  Sure do wish I could send you some.  :)
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

98 this morning.  Today the new heat/AC unit gets installed and it is going to be welcome.  We are at 47° this morning so it's a bit chilly in the house.
We used to get snow once in a while up on the mountain but it usually only lasted for a couple of days.  Kind of neat and not overwhelming.  Down here in the flatland it is rare to get snow but it has happened.  Maybe once every 10 years or so. 
Tamagno, I can really understand getting tired of doctors and testing.  It seems like it is a constant thing. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this beautiful Fall morning, 99 at bedtime last night.

Yeah, I'm sick of doctors too!  Still have the Ophthalmologist in Nov and the Oncologist in Dec to get through this year...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Grammabear on October 16, 2018, 09:47:14 AM
Skb - Have you ever seen snow in any part of India where you live?  If I could share the white stuff, I would send you as much as your heart desires.  It is pretty when it first falls covering the ground with white.  But soon after that it gets to be an old process.  One has to put on boots so your feet don't slip on the sidewalk or get cold.  You also have to wear a heavy coat, hat, scarf around your neck and gloves on your hands so they don't get cold too.  Sure do wish I could send you some.  :)

Not where I live (Mumbai) but I've been to many places up in the Himalayan hills where snow is a part of life.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

97 this morning.

Must have gotten a good insertion site yesterday; up early chasing a low...

Several distasteful medical things coming up starting tomorrow with a thyroid biopsy. At least it doesn't require fasting.

While I've come to distrust this sort of thing, my wife saw a wooly bear yesterday with a very broad orange band that's supposed to indicate a mild winter. While I've never managed it, I think I could live quite nicely without snow or cold. I'm about as prepared as I can be this year with winter clothes, firewood and a full tank of oil, but cold just permeates everything.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

92 this morning.

Also I must have picked a good spot for an insertion site as my numbers have been better than usual.  My good luck probably will be short lived as I have to change the site today.

I'm going to research the idea of wearing warmer wool socks.  I read about us older people doing that as one way of keeping our feet warmer during winter thus staying warmer all over?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

99 this morning.  The new heat/AC unit was installed yesterday and it was nice to wake up to a warm house, especially since it was 44° outside.  I took a picture of the crane lifting the unit to the roof but I can't seem to get the picture from my iPhone to my windows computer.  I have done it before but apparently something has changed.  It was fun to watch.
Speaking of doctors, I am off in a bit for a follow-up appointment with my dermatologist today.  I do like him though and look forward to the appointment.  Interesting that in the year I have been going to him I have not had one biopsy or surgery and with my former dermatologist I would have had several biopsies and probably 4-5 surgeries.  My main reason for changing was because I suspected that my doctor then was pushing to do as many surgeries as possible and it seemed excessive.  This doctor has a good reputation and seems very thorough but doesn't push to do as many surgeries as possible. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

Quote from: Grammabear on October 17, 2018, 09:03:40 AMI'm going to research the idea of wearing warmer wool socks.  I read about us older people doing that as one way of keeping our feet warmer during winter thus staying warmer all over?
You can suspend your research right here if you wish. I've been doing this for a long time and it works perfectly well. I started out wearing socks to bed, and it just grew to essentially full time. And they don't have to be wool, necessarily . . . just natural fiber. Today I'm wearing fairly heavy cotton socks, and toes are toasty! On colder days, I wear woolen socks, and on really cold days I have a pair of felted wool boots from a Lithuanian vendor called Baa Boots.

DH, on the other hand, wears cotton jersey gloves around the house to maintain comfortably warm hands. He doesn't need the socks thing since he always wears shoes/socks anyhow.

auntiekris

50 early this morning after a 315 morning yesterday, which is a complete reflection of my @%$*&(# life at the moment.

I hope everyone is doing ok. 

Shanny

Quote from: Shanny on October 17, 2018, 03:46:09 PM
Quote from: Grammabear on October 17, 2018, 09:03:40 AMI'm going to research the idea of wearing warmer wool socks.  I read about us older people doing that as one way of keeping our feet warmer during winter thus staying warmer all over?
You can suspend your research right here if you wish. I've been doing this for a long time and it works perfectly well. I started out wearing socks to bed, and it just grew to essentially full time. And they don't have to be wool, necessarily . . . just natural fiber. Today I'm wearing fairly heavy cotton socks, and toes are toasty! On colder days, I wear woolen socks, and on really cold days I have a pair of felted wool boots from a Lithuanian vendor called Baa Boots.

DH, on the other hand, wears cotton jersey gloves around the house to maintain comfortably warm hands. He doesn't need the socks thing since he always wears shoes/socks anyhow.

These are the woolen boots I wear:

bigskygal

102 this morning, 112 at bedtime last night.

I am almost out of strips and my order that should have arrived today was misdirected by DHL so now they won't arrive until next Mon!! Really pi$$ed! I may have to only take fasting #'s until they arrive.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on October 17, 2018, 10:56:16 AM
I took a picture of the crane lifting the unit to the roof but I can't seem to get the picture from my iPhone to my windows computer.  I have done it before but apparently something has changed.  It was fun to watch.
Apple iOS doesn't trust other OS and/or devices. You could email that picture to yourself from your phone and download it on the Windows System.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

197 this morning.

It's cold here; too cold for this time of year and the leaves barely down at all.

I've got some extra-thick socks I wear in winter. A caution, though, as the cheaper ones got holes in them in well less than a winter. (Personally, in cold weather I wear those plus slippers, a hat - well as much as needed.)

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning.

I woke up with a red rash scattered all over my lower legs.  I have no clue what it is.  I have had cellulitis but this doesn't look like that.  Sigh....another trip to the Doctor again.  :(

I wear compression stockings so my legs are usually warm enough but my feet do get cold.  Perhaps it is poor circulation.  I guess I will find out soon I hope.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  I was able to email the picture to myself so I will attach it.  I thought it was kind of neat.  It is a really long telescoping boom and set the new unit and took down the old unit.
I used to wear wool socks with my boots in the winter when I was working.  Now, if it is that cold I just don't go outside.  I have really warm slippers to wear in the house.  [attachment id=0]
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023