You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

148 this morning.

Wally, on reflection, I suppose it could be said that all medicine is palliative given our inevitable physical destiny.

For the first time I'm seeing lots of mention of Diwali at least in food blogs and even our grocery's quarterly recipe magazine handout. I'm wondering if we'll start seeing more widespread availability of subcontinent foods like mutton. It'll be fun if we do.

Grammabear, my docs are putting the fatigue on anemia, but no explanations forthcoming for my post-prandial problem. I solved the matter yesterday by limiting eating, but that carries with it weight loss so I guess I'll be looking for more solutions.

Today promises sun for once with nearly balmy highs in the mid 50s.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

Tamagno - I accidentally found a food blogger called the "Headbangers Kitchen" and the younger man is from Mumbai, India.  His main focus so far, that I have found, is the keto way of eating.  The recipes he has offered thus far are definitely favorable for LCHF.  I stayed up too late watching his videos, but it was fun.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

skb

Well, a Happy Diwali to all.

My son is a follower of The Headbangers Kitchen. I remember an argument I once had with Salim, that keto would be a way of life by 2020. He felt that there was no money to be made out of this, so it wouldn't. The number of people in India on a (so-called) keto way of eating is just amazing. Not fully keto, but hey, I'm not complaining.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  It is kind of hard to figure out the National Weather Service some times.  They are calling for a hard freeze warning Saturday and Sunday which means temperature below 27°and on the same page they show the overnight lows for both days of 34° and 38° ???????
Tamagno, I don't think that all medicine is palliative as some seem to be targeting the actual source of a problem and correct it.  Some are used to actually cure a disease like an antibiotic but in a case like Psoriasis where there is no known cure  palliative is all that is available and in my case that is what is needed although a cure would be welcome.
SKB,   Happy Diwali to you !
Barbara, glad you finally found a yard guy !   ~clp~
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

98 this cloudy morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

Happy Diwali skb!!

Drizzle/snow on and off most of the day. High was 40F.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

126 this morning.

Yes, SKB, happy Diwali!

I'll have to search out this Headbangers Kitchen, sounds like fun and I'm very curious to see what's done with keto Indian cuisine, especially rice and breads. There are a great many Indian cooking videos to be found on YouTube, but this is the first I've encountered attempting to limit carbs.

Found myself so tired last night that I didn't even read when I went to bed but just slept. Hopefully means a day with a lot of energy...

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

95 this morning.

We are right on the line between freezing and rain.  The weather forecast was for snow, but was changed overnight to rain.  That is fine with us as you don't have to shovel rain.

The Headbangers videos are fun to listen to as he seems to enjoy making the videos and although the recipes are in metric, they are not impossible to convert.  One of his recipes sounds very much like the cauliflower sandwich thins that I order from Outer Aisle.  The HBK version is just cauliflower, egg and parmesan cheese plus you can add your own favorite seasonings.  His recipe uses a food processor and I do not have one, so have to figure out how to substitute. 

Tamagno - I hope your day goes better and maybe sleep is beneficial.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

90 this morning.  It's supposed to be cooler and windy today.  High today 70°, I know, I know, that is not cold to most of you but it is for here.  It could get to below freezing over the weekend but no moisture in sight. 
All that is on the news this morning is about the shooter that went into a bar last night and killed 13 people including a Sheriffs deputy.  This was in 1000 Oaks, CA which is North of Los Angeles.  It's so hard to understand why someone would go to this extreme.  He is dead also so the motive may never be known.  These were all college age kids as Wednesday is college night there.  So sad. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Quote from: skb on November 07, 2018, 08:50:45 AM
Well, a Happy Diwali to all.

My son is a follower of The Headbangers Kitchen. I remember an argument I once had with Salim, that keto would be a way of life by 2020. He felt that there was no money to be made out of this, so it wouldn't. The number of people in India on a (so-called) keto way of eating is just amazing. Not fully keto, but hey, I'm not complaining.

skb ~ At your convenience, could you ask your son about the Headbangers Kitchen videos.  He always greets everyone at the beginning of each video with the phrase "Horns Up" or at least I think that is what he says. It must have some special meaning to him, just curious as to what it is. Thank you ahead of time.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

105 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

I Googled the term "Horns Up" and this is what I came up with;

A metalhead term that can be used in a way somewhat similar to "thumbs up" or as a sign of appreciation, generally followed by throwing the horns.

The Mrs. tells me that this guy is also a musician, and putting 2 + 2 together, I assume his music interests lie in the heavy metal rock section, hence the use of horns up.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

196 this morning.

It's a bit jarring that the Headbangers host is a devotee of such horrendous music as he is so well spoken. His videos make mention of his band which I haven't yet heard and am not sure I want to.

Grammabear, my expensive Cuisinart food processor sits gathering dust in the basement. While it makes very short work of a lot of dicing, ricing, etc., it's just too big, heavy and clumsy to clean. It's just as easy to just use a knife or grater for a lot of those chores unless you're doing really big batches.

For me, most keto replacement ingredients are pretty good, but lacking the characteristic textures and chewiness of things like rice and bread which are what I miss primarily.

Grammabear

123 this morning.

We woke up to "white" on the ground.  Winter is officially here even though the calendar doesn't say so yet.

Tamagno - Thank you for your assessment of the food processor.  I did wonder if I should purchase such a machine, but now I think I will continue using my cutting board and a sharp knife.  Hubby sharpens our knives on a regular basis and he does a fine job.  His sharpening skills are such that last week he managed to 'slice' his finger.  Of course his wound was THE worst ever (according to him) and he had to have help putting on a simple bandaid.  :)

The Headbanger young man is a heavy metal musician.  My sons might like his music, but I prefer other genres of the type that don't give me a headache and are not an assault on my hearing (which I treasure since I don't have much of it).
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

105 this morning.  I had baked potato last night so I guess that isn't too bad.  It is cooler as expected.  We were at a high of 70° yesterday and 39° this morning.  Overnight low tonight is supposed to be 30° and then it is supposed to start warming up.
Wildfires are in the news again.  In Northern California the entire town of Paradise has been destroyed.  Just North of Los Angeles the very high winds are driving a fire through the hills and it has jumped the 101 freeway and heading to Malibu.  Dozens of homes are already destroyed. 
I agree with Tamagno.  I have a food processer but unless you are chopping or grating a lot it just isn't worth the ordeal of hauling it out and then cleaning all of the parts. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

92 this morning, 88 at bedtime last night.

Wow Wally! California is really taking a beating what with the shootings and now fires! I used to know some people that lived in Paradise years ago, lost touch a long time ago. Hopefully they can keep it from spreading to Chico. Our fire season is well over what with the snow on the ground and cold temps...

It was 19°F when I went to bed last night around 2AM and 20°F when I got up about 10AM. Winter is definitely here!