You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

312 this morning...

...which explains my waking nauseated. I need to get myself awake a bit more awake before I change the pump insertion set, but I've obviously bolused in hopes of glucose dropping enough to take the edge off.

At this point, Wally, it's surprising more Californians haven't moved out looking for fewer of these terrible woes! Much of it is desirably beautiful, but gosh it's been rough out there.

I discovered that putting 3,000 grit sand paper in my belt sander and locking it upside down in a vise is a very quick and easy tool for keeping a sharp edge on my knives. Seems to be as effective as whet stones and much faster as long as I do it regularly.

It's getting colder by the day here and I started up one of my wood stoves yesterday. Well, I suppose it's that time of year.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

125 this morning.

My G5 sensor 'failed' yesterday after only 3 days.  I had to change it and leave a message on the Dexcom custeromer service line.  It remains to be seen if they call back or not.  It was not an accurate sensor anyway and also kept losing the signal.

Tamagno - how often do you change your infusion site?  I had to change from 3 days to 2 days because my blood glucose kept rising toward the end of the 2nd day.  Seems to work better now.  Do you have the G5 touchscreen receiver and do you like it?  Is it convenient to carry in your pocket?
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

85 this morning.  Our high yesterday was 69° for a high yesterday and 32° this morning so the coolest yet for this area.
The fires dominate the news.  In Northern California the entire town of Paradise is destroyed and 6500 structures are gone.  That fire is still going and not contained with more homes in danger.
Closer to Los Angeles the Woolsey fire that marched from Woodland Hills to Malibu has destroyed a large number of homes and many of them multi million dollar homes.  It doesn't matter what the value is, if it is your home it is your home.  The flames are driven by very strong winds 50-60 MPH and there is no way to stop it.  In addition the humidity in the area has been 5-6% so really ripe conditions for disaster.
I don't know Tamagno.  I think most people think it won't happen to them.  I lived in a high fire area for 25 years and had a couple of close calls but never suffered any loss.  Why do people live where there are tornados or hurricanes ?  I think people usually believe bad things will happen to others and we will somehow be OK. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

I live in "tornado alley" and I have also lived through a tornado that struck our town and killed 26 people.  So when there is a "tornado watch or warning" I DO PAY ATTENTION.  I don't think I could ever live in a house without a basement.  But I feel so sorry for those people who have lost their homes because of these fires.  However do you start over again in their situations?  Very sad.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

103 this partly cloudy morning, 116 at bedtime last night.

Days have been in the 30's, nights low 20's, high teens. No snow in forecast, just cold!!

I was looking at some of the photos of the Paradise fire, just horrific!! Praying for all those affected.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

138 this morning.

Grammabear, I most always stretch my insertion set an extra day if it's working; rare for it to go more than four days, though. I like the G5 touch screen receiver much more than the old one but now am trying to get the G6 if I can get insurance in line. I haven't had a lot of luck with Dexcom's "call back" feature and usually just put my phone on speaker and do other things while I wait; generally isn't long.

Our big lesson with natural disaster came with last years tornado. Certainly no one expects such a thing will actually happen to them, but once it's going on quickly realize how little they can do to change or influence the event. I suppose there are few, if any, places you could live that are really safe.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning.

Barbara - Sorry to hear about your laptop.  My desktop did a similar thing several months ago.  My younger son will build a new pc as soon as the separate components he ordered arrive.  Is there any place in your town that offers repair services?  Or how old is your laptop?  The repair place in our town related to me that if the laptop is 3 years or older, you might want to think about getting a new one.  I wasn't happy to hear that.  It seems like they should last more than 3 years.  :(
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

93 this morning.  It was a bit warmer overnight with a low of 42°.  Our high yesterday was 67° and is supposed to be the same today.  Still no rain in sight anywhere.
The fires remain a problem with the Woolsey fire near Malibu only 5% contained and the winds are starting up again and cause problems.  Homes that survived the fire as it raged through neighborhoods are in danger again as the fire is fanned back through.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

85 this morning, 92 at bedtime last night.

My laptop is a 2011 so it is due to be replaced I suppose, not that I want to! At least I have Carbonite so if the laptop can't be accessed, my files are all there.  My iPad is a mini and is so small to be reading on it all the time.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on November 11, 2018, 10:43:53 AM
93 this morning.  It was a bit warmer overnight with a low of 42°.  Our high yesterday was 67° and is supposed to be the same today.  Still no rain in sight anywhere.
The fires remain a problem with the Woolsey fire near Malibu only 5% contained and the winds are starting up again and cause problems.  Homes that survived the fire as it raged through neighborhoods are in danger again as the fire is fanned back through.

Have been reading about the fires in the press. Seems pretty awful.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

178 this morning.

BigSkyGal, I keep seeing amazingly cheap laptops at Costco and seemingly everywhere but have no idea about current brands and models. Might be worth a look unless there's an easy fix for your old one.

Only 27 here this morning; electric blankets are fast becoming my best friends...

Grammabear

165 this morning.  Been having much higher blood glucose numbers lately, not happy.

Tamagno - Have you always used an electric blanket?  Do you like a particular brand?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  I was kind of surprised to see out temp this morning at 29°.  Was not expecting to see it below freezing.  Well, it is supposed to get to 67° today and then a bit warmer for the rest of the week.
Yeah, the fires are still the main news story.  The Camp fire in Northern California that destroyed the town of Paradise is only 25% contained and the Woolsey fire from Thousand Oaks to Malibu is only 15% contained.  Two people have been found dead in that fire and 29 dead and many missing in the Camp fire.  There are still around 250,000 people evacuated from their homes as winds are expected to pick up and the danger is not over.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

auntiekris

253.  Adjustment to life without an office, and trying to do everything in the cloud has been challenging.  But I'll get there.

The fires are horrific, and the amount of smoke in the air is a constant reminder that they're still battling away. 

bigskygal

106 this morning, 101 at bedtime last night.

Wally, those fires are terrifying. Praying for all and for rain!!

I have been reading up on the "pink screen" and I am pretty sure my laptop I'd dead. It is over 7 years old so I suppose, no surprise. I have been converted to Apple products but can't decide whether to go with another MacBook Pro or try a MackBook Air. Any one have any experience with the Air or the newer Pro?