You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

I read that some celebrities lost their homes too. There was a picture of Gerard Butler in front of his charred home.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

121 this morning.

Grammabear, both my electric blankets are pretty cheap Sunbeams I got from Walmart - in reading reviews, I found no reason to try anything pricier and mine were under $30/each.

BigSkyGal, I'd still be inclined to go with the MacBook Pro; the Air still has fairly limited storage space but it may not be an issue for you.

Our forecasts predict snow today along with cold. Still much better than those fires in California that the news I see say are among the worst ever. I continue to pray for you all...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

115 this morning.

Tamagno - I hope your area doesn't get TOO much snow or cold.  I watched the weather report last night and saw that you folks might be getting a heck of a winter storm.  Seems odd that one part of the country gets snow while California is plagued by wildfires and could definitely use moisture.  I feel sorry for those families that lost loved ones and those families that lost their homes.  It does not matter your station in life, your home is your home and a safe haven.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Still on the cool side for here.  We are at 30° this morning and our high yesterday was 64°.  Wonder of wonders, it looks like a good chance of rain next week.  That would be welcome everywhere but really in the fire areas.  The two big fires are still only around 25-30 contained and still dangerous.  Yes, some celebrity homes and multi million dollar homes along with much more modest homes.  A mobile home park was almost completely wiped out.  The Camp fire in Northern California is now the deadliest with 42 known dead and something like 128 missing.  The search for bodies will take several days. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Talked to Bev the Geek today she suggest a new computer. She maybe could fix mine, but would be expensive and I'd still have a 7 year old computer. So I'm going to Best Buy sometime this week I guess. Yes Tamagno, I will probably go with another MacBook Pro.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Tamagno

332 this morning, the result of a middle of the night low and then over correction.

Sure do wish I could get myself into some state of health at least predictable. Some days I've plenty of energy and some only a couple of hours. Doesn't seem related to anything but food and that only that eating results in exhaustion which doesn't seem reasonable. Well, maybe today will be better.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

85 this morning.

The laptop here is running very warm this morning.  I think the fan might have bit the dust.  Sigh.......
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  A bit warmer this morning at 39° and heading to a nice 70° for a high today. 
Well Grammabear, at least replacing the fan in a laptop is pretty easy to do.  If you have anyone around that does repairs it should not be too costly.  That's the sort of thing I would do myself if I needed it done.  Sometimes it may just need a good cleaning.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this morning, 87 at bedtime last nigh.

Bev the Geek said yesterday that Apple has started selling refurbished computers. I am going to check it out online. I wouldn't trust a refurb from anywhere else. At least I'd know they were true Apple parts...

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

Tamagno

146 this morning.

Ditto Wally's advice, Grammabear. I've had that from a cooling fan clogged with dog fur.

I'm going nuts trying to get a new 'script from my endocrinologist to Dexcom. Twice now, Dexcom claims to have faxed them and twice they claim not to have gotten it. So, I got Dexcom to e-mail the form to me and I'm going to hand deliver it this morning. Almost two hours of driving...

Grammabear

97 this morning.

I have to get a can of compressed air as I used my former can until it was empty.  I also did not know it is a good idea to shut off the laptop at least once a week.  I just left mine on all the time. 

It seems that people who have a Mac pc are very happy with their machines.  I've only had windows so don't really know the difference between the two.  The young woman that is a licensed massage therapist is a strong fan of her Mac Pro.  She said if anyone has a iphone, then they can catch onto having a mac computer.  What do you all think?

Tamagno - If your trouble with Dexcom continues, personally I would demand to speak with a supervisor.  I occasionally have trouble with my monthly orders and speaking with a supervisor seems to expedite the matter.

Have we lost Shanny and Rocky?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

89 this morning.  As predicted we are warming up a bit and should be in the 70s for the next 3-4 days, then in the 60s.  It looks like a chance of rain next week but not a big chance.  it sure would be welcome here. 
Tamagno, I just hate that.  When the doctors office and the pharmacy claim one sent the request and the other says they haven't received it and you are stuck in the middle. 
Grammabear, I never leave my computer or laptop on overnight.  I don't see a need and they do like to be rebooted.  Compressed air is helpful but a vacuum can also do a lot of good. 
I think the choice between a Mac and a windows computer is often what you are used to and how much you have to spend.  I have always used Windows PCs because I like to tinker and have built several of my own.  Can't do that with Apple but Apple products are more bulletproof.  I do like my iPhone and iPad better than Android.  I think the operating systems are close enough that switching would not be a problem. 
Rocky dropped out quite a while ago, too bad. Shanny hasn't checked in for a while so don't know about her.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

99 this morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Snow in the forecast for tomorrow.

I was going to go to town today to buy a new laptop, but then decided to wait until my new phone comes and make it all in one trip.

Hope all is OK with Shanny.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on November 15, 2018, 06:22:40 PM
Hope all is OK with Shanny.

Can someone call her up just to find out, if she's ok with that. I would suggest all US folks share contact details with each other (through PM) and keep in touch.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

171 this morning.

Looks like a solid 6-8" of snow here last night. I hate it...

My computers stay on (albeit in sleep mode) but I often am up at odd hours. They do get rebooted regularly and have various cleaning/maintenance chores done on them. My Macs don't get all the clutter that you get with PCs that slows them down over time. Much easier to clean out unused stuff as well. They just seem much more stable than Windows.