You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

88 this morning.   We only ended up with .03 inch of rain for the day yesterday which was just enough to get the pavement wet.  Some areas got up to 3 inches and of course mudslides caused problems.
Quite a bit of snow in the mountains and that is good.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

124 this morning, 106 at bedtime last night. Still not 100%.

Had a bit of a scare at the eye dr today. My exam went well and I don't even need new glasses. But then after the dilation he was looking at my eye and said there was a small spot on the back of my right eye. He was concerned it was diabetic retinopathy, but said it could just be pigment. So he did a separate scan to check it out. He really scared me! After the scan he said it was nothing, my eyes were perfect, no inflammation or anything. Man that was a relief! I was so rattled I just came home and didn't even try to look at computers/laptops...

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

179 today which is a rebound high from a low of 59 at 2 a.m. this morning.  Sigh.......

Barb - I am glad for the good news of the second scan of your eye.  Also, it is good news you don't need new glasses.  There is always another day to look at a computer.

My hearing aid consult went well.  I had a hearing test which indicated I haven't lost any more hearing in 5 yrs since the last test, so I'm grateful for that.  I will be trying a new type of hearing aid for my particular hearing impairment.
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

104 this morning.  It's supposed to be windy today but not so far.  Cooler temps though with highs in the 50s and our low overnight was 33°.
Well Barbara, I am glad the exam turned out OK.  That had to be quite unsettling for a while.
Grammabear, glad you are getting your hearing aid worked out.  I am fortunate to have very good hearing but I often wonder why hearing aids are not covered by insurance.  They seem to be quite expensive.
Hope Tamagno is doing OK.  He has usually checked in by now. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Grammabear

Wally, like a lot of other medical type devices, hearing aids are indeed quite expensive.  One of the sad things is that they only last 3-5 yrs and then you are doing it all over again.  I have two backup hearing aids, one purchased in 2001 and the other in 2007.  They don't really work very good, but it is better than nothing.  I am deaf in one ear and the other ear is hearing impaired.  I don't belong in the "deaf" community nor do I belong to the "hearing" world.  I'm caught somewhere in the middle.  I am grateful for hearing aids even if they don't work perfectly.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

117 this foggy/frosty morning, 102 at bedtime last night. Part of my problem may be stress. Boo is sick, and every morning I wake up and wonder if I am going to find him dead on his pillow. Probably not helping my fasting numbers. Plus still feel punk...

Really white outside today. 20°F when I got up, very foggy and about 1/2" new snow, hoar frost in the trees. High predicted 33°F, overnight predicted 19°F.  (Don't know how to make the degree symbol on the iPad, guess I'll pay mr google a visit.) eta: figured it out!😊

Yes, the dr vist yesterday was very unsettling! But thankfully the outcome was good. Grammabear, glad you are getting your hearing aid and that your hearing is holding strong. Always good to get good news at the dr!

Hope Tamagno is OK.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 01, 2018, 04:05:57 PM

Hope Tamagno is OK.

Hope so too. Shanny has also not turned up after that one post.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

200 this morning.

Sorry to have missed my usual post! I wound up sleeping all day Friday and then at the ER Friday evening with another UTI and sleeping most of Saturday. Seems these UTIs really hit hard these days. Lately they're producing the weird and scary condition of Pneumaturia that is always, along with fatigue, scary for sepsis.

Anyway, I'm on the mend although with high glucose from either the infection or the antibiotic, or perhaps both.

A friend from church brought me a bunch of squirrel, venison and venison liver yesterday. Sometime soon I'll be having quite a feast!
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

104 this morning.

Yesterday it rained and the wind blew so hard it was hard to walk from the store to the car in the parking lot.  Last night there was a tornado in a small town south of here that destroyed 100 buildings and left 30 people injured.  Strange weather this year.

Tamagno - Sorry for the reoccurance of UTIs.  They are most bothersome.  I had 6 of them this year and kept a diary of when and what antibiotic was prescribed for me.  They are extremely frustrating and they do sap you of all your energy.  Just take care of yourself and be kind to your body.  Hope you soon feel well enough to enjoy the game your church friend shared with you.

Barb - How is Boo doing?  Does he go outdoors at all and maybe caught a cold?
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

102 this morning.  It was quite windy yesterday but calm today.  Thankfully we don't get tornados here.  That has to be really scary.  I'll take earthquakes over tornados any day. 
Tamagno, glad to hear from you but sorry you are having to deal with problems.  Hope you are over this soon. 
Grammabear, I can certainly understand your need for a hearing aid.  My point is that with all of the advancement in the miniaturization of electronics the price they get for them seems awfully high.  And for that they should work fantastic.  In other words I think people that depend on them are getting ripped off.   
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Wally - The markup for eyeglasses is ridiculous also.  I can't even begin to think about the markup on hearing aids.  I mean, Yes we need them, but does it really cost the price we have to pay.  Same with insulin - we could not afford the cost of life saving medicines if not for insurance.  Everybody knows big pharma makes a lot more money than they absolutely have to.  Bottom line for many thing in this country is money.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

98 this morning, 107 at bedtime last night.

Grammabear, Boo is totally an indoor cat. He is 12.5 years old and has an autoimmune disorder so this is not totally unexpected. But it is totally unwanted. He hardly eats and is losing weight. He sleeps by the fire or on the blanket over the heater vent all the time. I feel so sad for him, and I really don't want to lose him!

Tamagno, sorry about your UTI issues, hope you get better soon and can enjoy your game meats!

Tamagno

224 this morning.

Between infection and antibiotic, I'm having trouble getting glucose down. Well, this will pass.

It's unseasonably warm here which will continue until sometime Wednesday, I believe - I'll enjoy it while we've got it...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

144 this morning as a result of a rebound high from a low again last night.

Barb - Sorry for Boo's present state of health.  It is never easy to see a loved pet decline in their health.  When I lost my dog, people kept telling me "Oh she is waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge."  I don't think they realize the pain the owner has when watching their pet.  I hope Boo can be as comfortable as possible.  Sorry for your pain as well.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

101 this morning.  Well, we were at 33° at 6:00 AM and there is a chance of rain Wednesday and Thursday.  I don't really expect any snow but anything is possible. 
It can be hard but the fact is that we outlive our pets and have to deal with their passing.  I guess the knowledge that we give them the best life we can has to mean something.  If a pet lives to a "ripe old age" in pet years that is about the best we can do.  It was hard when the rescue dog we had got cancer at such a young age, only 3 years old, and had to be put down.  We just do the best we can and cherish the time we have with the friendship.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023