You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walkerwally1

80 this morning.  Well, we were at 30° at 6:00 AM but here we are looking at it heading to 64° so not nearly as chilly as some of you are dealing with.
Well, I wrote this yesterday, 12/16 and I guess I forgot to hit the post button so it was still here ready for me this morning.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

walkerwally1

And now I will post for today !   ::)
102 this morning.  I was surprised when I got up at 6:00 AM that it was 52° but it is overcast and I guess holding the heat in.  It is kind of dark and gray but no moisture expected.
I try to get my shopping done in the morning and avoid the crowd.  You just have to go around the employees putting up stock but checkout is pretty easy.  This week might be a little tough though.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

99 this morning, 109 at bedtime last night.

Well, Christmas is totally ruined for me this year. I haven't done any shopping so it is going to be Amazon Gift Cards all around.

Boo rallied overnight and ate more than he has in days. But he is still very weak and so skinny and he hasn't pooped in 2 weeks now. Will be calling the vet tomorrow. Cried myself to sleep last night, I just don't want to kill my kitty.... I know it is the right thing to do, but still......

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

Grammabear

Barb,

:'(  I'm sorry for your heavy heart.

Kathy
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

Tamagno

169 this morning.

In the years I've lived up here, our main road that sprouts stores has grown exponentially (I thought brick and mortar was dead) and the traffic along with it, sadly. Shopping early is your only chance of doing it unscathed by hoards of others.

I echo Kathy's sentiments, Barb, and pray you find peace...

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

126 this morning.

In the area I live, I face a 4 lane highway which is heavily traveled except around 3 a.m. in the morning.  Otherwise it takes at least 15 minutes to get from our driveway to the main highway.  Going early in the morning is best in my opinion.  We have ended up going late in the afternoon on a Friday and that is just plain bad.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

91 this morning.  One of the advantages of moving to town is that it's only 3 miles from one end to the other so it is easy to get anywhere in only about 10-15 min.  It used to be a 30 min. drive just to get to town and then get to where you had to go.  OTOH our selection is limited so it is still necessary to shop on line or drive 75 miles to a larger town. 
Barbara,  ~sry~ ~hug~
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

103 this rainy morning, 105 at bedtime last night.

Mild temps here for this time of year, it rained all day.

Tomorrow at 3PM Boo will make his last visit to the vet. She says I can hold him as he is administered the meds. All of this has dredged up all the pain of losing my DH 21 years ago...That pain never totally goes away. Boo will die in my arms as did DH... :'( :'(   :'(

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Very very sorry to hear that, but ,,,
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

116 this morning.

Honestly, I can't imagine where all the people come from that are making the traffic in town or how they support these stores. Connecticut's fiscal policies have systematically driven larger businesses from town and high property taxes have killed real estate the last ten years so no one moves here. Must be our proximity to New York which is even worse...

Supposed to get something of a break in our cold weather this week which sure would be swell.

BigSkyGal, I'm so sorry; my prayers for you continue.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

97 this morning.

We are in close proximity to a city of over 100,000 people.  There are plenty of new businesses coming here, but there are also an equal number that are either leaving or buildings that sit vacant.  The only businesses that appear to prosper are the taverns, fast food restaurants and maybe grocery stores.  Oh, and lets not forget the pharmacies.

I find out today whether my Doctor's appeal for my return to Novolog will be granted by Medicare.  I was forced to change insulin from Novolog to Humalog by insurance.  I was on Humalog from August 2018 until the present.  My blood sugar average has gone from 120 to 164 with my average carb consumption around 112.  If I wanted to pay out of pocket for Novolog, it would cost me $3,798 USD for a 90 day supply.  All rapid acting insulins are not the same.

bigskygal ~ Thinking of you today as you say goodbye to Boo.  (((Hugs)))
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

86 this morning.  We are experiencing a pretty mild December here.  That is not unusual and February is usually the coldest so We will see how that goes.
Grammabear, I know there are differences between T-1 and T-2 and you have to take insulin to handle the carbs.  I am T-2 and have to limit my carb intake to the amount my body can handle.  Because of that I have to keep my carb intake down to around 25-30 per day.  If I took in 112 carbs I would be in serious trouble.  I'm just wondering if trying to cut down on carbs could help in your case.
Sorry Barbara.  It isn't easy but we all have had to go through this.  Just 2 years ago the rescue dog I got had to be put down due to cancer and she was only 2 years old.  That was tough but we got another and she is a bundle of energy and very loving. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

Grammabear

Wally - The Dr and I talked about cutting back 10% on my carb consumption and I think it is doable.  I guess the difference between T1 and T2 is that I have to bolus for everything that goes into my 'pie-hole'.  Even good things like vegetables require insulin for me.  T1 is a whole different animal, unfortunately.  For example, last night I had crack slaw for supper which is usually very easy to bolus for, but last night was a horrible night.  I had to change infusion set and my 'new' placement was not in a good spot.  However one doesn't realize this until your blood sugar has already climbed way beyond your limit.  I started supper with a bg of 102, and two hours later I am looking with disbelief at bg of 275.  That horrid number of course requires yet more insulin, a different spot for infusion set placement and accountability for insulin resistance at that high number.  One cannot go to bed until the number has come down to target range or you will be dka or worse by morning.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

bigskygal

102 this sunny morning, 97 at bedtime last night.

At least it was a sunny morning for Boo's last day. As I loaded him up in the car it started to rain... It was quick and peaceful and now he is at The Rainbow Bridge waiting for me.  My stomach is in knots and everywhere I look there are Boo things. It is going to take me a few days to clear it all out. It is so quiet here, no one to talk to...  Boo will sit on the same shelf that DH's remaining cremains sit. (I scattered some in his favorite hiking spots.)

Wally, I may at some time get another cat, but right now the thought of going through this again is too painful. After DH passed, I never had any other relationships. I would like some one but my mind would go..."and then he gets sick and dies..."  Just couldn't go through that again...

I know I need to eat, but the knots in my stomach are not making it appealing... A very sad day 😭

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.  ~hug~ ~hug~

Grammabear

Barb - maybe you could have some beef or chicken broth just so you don't become dehydrated especially if you don't feel up to eating much.  So sorry for your loss.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021