You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

Fasting BG 2018

Started by skb, December 31, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamagno

96 this morning.

Sometimes when my internet is out, my Apple devices still show it active. Most often the outage is at my modem, not router which is why it still shows active. No internet outages here that I know of, and I'm on it a great deal. If you have Apple routers, their Airport Utilities app will pinpoint the problem.

Friends in the Midwest gave me a Fitbit Versa so I'll shortly be back in the smart watch business. This one being their latest, I'm hoping to have better luck than with my Alta HR. I'm very happy to see it's water resistant and can be made to have an analog-appearing face which is much easier to read.

Grammabear, it might be useful to call Dexcom every day to check on your new transmitters. They do log every call and I'm sure are glad to get rid of that trail of calls - the proverbial squeaky wheel, you know. Unfortunately, I only get e-mail confirmation of shipping about half the time so theyre not at all reliable for that.
Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

86 this morning.

Our company is going home today and then things will be TOO quiet around here.  :(
Type 1, Tslim X2 pump, Dexcom G6
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

"I will forever remain humble I know I could have less.
I will always be grateful I know I have had less."

walkerwally1

95 this morning.  Well, we are at 25° this morning so it can get cold here.  It should get up to around 52° this afternoon.
Fortunately our cable internet is pretty stable.  There have been interruptions but they don't happen very often and usually are short lived.  If the IP is down my iPad and iPhone will still show connected because they are still connected to the modem.  My modem has a light that is on when the internet is connected and off when it is down. 
Tamagno, hope the new Fitbit works well for you.  My Alta HR really seems to work well so maybe you got a defective one. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

105 this cold cloudy morning, 98 at bedtime last night.

Have to run out today to pick up my strips at the PO, then it is back home to stay.

Got a call from my Oncologist last night. He said there were some abnormalities in my blood work that could be indicative of liver cancer. So he moved up the MRI to next week... Not the way I want to start the new year!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%   A1c 6/12  5.7%.  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16.
12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.
Off meds 3/15, diet controlled.  Minimal exercise.

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on December 29, 2018, 03:47:57 AM
Friends in the Midwest gave me a Fitbit Versa so I'll shortly be back in the smart watch business. This one being their latest, I'm hoping to have better luck than with my Alta HR. I'm very happy to see it's water resistant and can be made to have an analog-appearing face which is much easier to read.

Maybe we can see you also posting in the Exercise/Workout thread.  ;D
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

158 this morning.

You know, BigSkyGal, my blood work always shows a number of things rather badly out of range, and I couldn't begin to remember the number of scans I've had the last couple of years. Somehow though, they've not revealed any new growths and I'm hoping the same will be true for you.

I suspect I'd be embarrassed to post even steps walked per day in the exercise thread. It is kind of fun to watch those daily numbers though and I enjoy tech, so it'll be fun to have the new Fitbit. It'll arrive sometime next week.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

Grammabear

90 this morning.

Bigskygal - I will be thinking about you as you go to your appointment and wishing the best.  I hope the variation in your numbers from the blood work turns out to be nothing to worry about.  (((Hugs)))

Agree with you Tamagno as I too would be embarrassed to post step numbers.  But hey, we can start somewhere and keep at it when possible.  As long as we do 'something' we're 'movin'   ;D
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

123 this morning.  I made a pizza last night and I used a LC pizza crust that I have gotten along well with before but I think I got a bit crazy with the onions.  Well, it was good.
It is going to get to below freezing for the next couple of nights and then it is supposed to start warming up.
My liver enzymes have been elevated before and it concerned my PCP so she referred me to my gastroenterologist who had me take an abdominal ultrasound.  He determined that there was no problem.  I am hoping that you have the same outcome Barbara, no problem.
I understand people feeling embarrassed to post step numbers if they don't seem to come up to the numbers others are posting.  It really is a personal thing and we do what we are able to do.  Sometimes I can do more and sometimes less.  My reason for posting is that it gives me an incentive to try to do what I can.  It would be nice if there were others posting in the thread but this forum is so small it looks like Barbara and I are the only ones that are going to post regularly.  The idea is to try and keep up with your own ability and not to try and measure up to someone else.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

bigskygal

101 this morning, 95 at bedtime last night.

My blood work and liver enzymes have been irregular for quite some time. I'm not sure why now they have latched on to them and are taking all these tests...

Tamagno and Grammabear, Wally is right, we are not in competition at all and would really welcome the both of you to post. We do what we can each day, high or low. As Wally said, posting gives me an incentive to get up and move rather than sit and read or surf the web.

And speaking of the web, I have decided to wait on getting a new computer. I want to look at the new iPad Pro, it may serve just as well.

12-16  5.1%.  6/18 5.3%.  6/19  5.7%.  6/20 5.7%.  7/21 5.2%.  8/22 5.5%. 7/23 6%. 7/24 6.8%.

skb

Quote from: bigskygal on December 30, 2018, 06:17:37 PM
Tamagno and Grammabear, Wally is right, we are not in competition at all and would really welcome the both of you to post. We do what we can each day, high or low. As Wally said, posting gives me an incentive to get up and move rather than sit and read or surf the web.

+1
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

125 this morning.

Actually slept late this morning and for once had no middle-of the night lows so I wasn't up until 5:30.

For oncr the house seemed warm this morning. In fact, I was in the middle of making my coffee when I realized I'd forgotten to put on my pants. Got to watch myself; don't want to become one of those old guys in Walmart wearing PJs...

Grammabear

100 this morning.

Weather here is cloudy and 33 deg F.  It looks like it could snow but fortunately just warm enough to turn into rain instead.  At least one doesn't shovel rain.

Tamagno - There are a number of people that come in pajama bottoms to the grocery store where we shop.  Most of them are quite a bit younger than us 'seniors'.  Your jammies must be nice and warm.
A1C 6.2% ~ Mar 2021

walkerwally1

Snap Barbara, 101 this morning for me also.  Well, it's getting warmer here by 1-2 degrees each day so I hope that keeps up.  Right now they are predicting a 70% chance of rain next Sunday and that would be good but it will probably change.  Predicting what the weather will be a week from now seems to be an exercise in futility.
I don't wear PJs to bed so I would really be embarrassed if I didn't get dressed before going shopping.  I do go sometimes wearing my sweats and that I think is OK.
A1c 5.4%   8/1/2023

bigskygal

96 this cold clear morning, 90 at bedtime last night.

12°F this morning when I got up. High for today predicted to be 25°F overnight 5°F. No snow in forecast until next Sunday.

I have been known for wearing my sweats grocery shopping and running errands locally, but never pj bottoms! And not when I go up to town for appointments, etc.