You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

The Good News

Started by skb, February 09, 2018, 02:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

There is no doubt that the mainstream media thrives on Bad News, because bad news sells. All we read about in the papers or see on TV News channels is about calamities, wars, causalities and other such items. Good News is not rare, it is rarely reported.

So we thought of doing away with News/Chatter about Diabetes (nobody reads it anyway) and replacing it with happy news items, little things that will bring cheer to you. The Chatter or News Board is being replaced by The Good News. Each of the flashing items is a clickable link which will take you to the main news story if you are interested in reading further. If you are interested in sharing such items that come to your knowledge, please let us have the links and we shall put them up on the site. 
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

Tamagno

Good idea, SKB!

I'll start keeping an eye out for suitable links and will post as I see appropriate.

Among other things, it should be interesting to see what we all mean by good news.

Using T-Slim pump and Dexcom G6 CGM with Control IQ.

"In three words, I can sum up everything I've learned about life; it goes on." Robert Frost

skb

Quote from: Tamagno on February 09, 2018, 05:03:30 AM
Among other things, it should be interesting to see what we all mean by good news.

Anything that makes one happy, I guess. If you note most of the items posted today, are environmental in nature, not for any particular reason though. I just happened to chance upon them.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

Shanny

My good news is that I ordered Barb's bone broth & it came yesterday. I had my first big mugful this morning & it was wonderful! I started with the classic chicken & added a pat of butter plus a dash of some cherry-smoked salt, and it's delightful. One bag of broth just exactly fills my tall latte mugs.

bigskygal

Great idea skb!!

Shanny, glad you like the bone broth!! It really is good and doesn't take up space in my freezer any more.

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%  A1c 6/12  5.7%  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16
12/16 5.1%  6/18 5.3%  6/19 5.7%  6/20 5.7%  7/21 5.2%  8/22 5.5%  7/23 6% 7/24 6.8%
Off meds 3/2015  Back on meds 7/2024 w/better diet 

skb

Some more added. Contributions welcome.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

Splendid concept skb. Congratulations.
Recently I came across this piece of news that I think would qualify

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/2-missing-singaporeans-hikers-in-johor-spotted-from-helicopter
My life is based on a true story.

skb

Thanks Rocky. I've put this one up.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

bigskygal

I'm really enjoying BBCAmerica's new series Blue Planet 2. Fascinating photography and amazing sea creatures!

T-2 dx 2/2012 FBG 243 A1c 9.5%  A1c 6/12  5.7%  A1c 4% 7/13 to 12/16
12/16 5.1%  6/18 5.3%  6/19 5.7%  6/20 5.7%  7/21 5.2%  8/22 5.5%  7/23 6% 7/24 6.8%
Off meds 3/2015  Back on meds 7/2024 w/better diet 

skb

Good News items are replaced everyday. Do read them.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

Well, I never see it the way it is set up.  When I log in to the Pub I get the home page and on the right is a column with recent topics/posts and those links are what I use.  Maybe I miss something but that is the way I have always done it. 
I like the idea of having good news items posted but I would also like it to be a forum thread where people could also post their own and others could comment.
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 12, 2018, 09:51:44 AM
I like the idea of having good news items posted but I would also like it to be a forum thread where people could also post their own and others could comment.

OK. Will do that.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

Well, there is a News discussion and certainly any good news someone wants to post could go there so I guess it actually exists.   :-[
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 12, 2018, 09:59:05 PM
Well, there is a News discussion and certainly any good news someone wants to post could go there so I guess it actually exists.   :-[

That section is focused on News related to Diabetes. The News Fader on top is meant to be used for forum news. Since we're not a very active forum, I was using it to announce forum features, especially as it is accessible by surfing guests. Since forum features are static in nature members ignore it after first glance. Hence, the idea to post some thing/s that keep changing on a daily basis.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club