You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

The Good News

Started by skb, February 09, 2018, 02:17:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

@ Wally,

I could assign Veteran members the rights to edit the News items. That would be you and Rocky at the moment. It does involve handling some BBC codes but With your computer experience you could surely handle that.
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Quote from: skb on February 12, 2018, 10:15:16 PM
@ Wally,

I could assign Veteran members the rights to edit the News items. That would be you and Rocky at the moment. It does involve handling some BBC codes but With your computer experience you could surely handle that.

Hey thanks for the confidence, skb. As you know my forum attendance is very poor at the present time. Besides I have no experience with any coding. When things are better and I am more relaxed time-wise, maybe, I'll dive into this. 
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

Quote from: skb on February 12, 2018, 10:06:06 PM
Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 12, 2018, 09:59:05 PM
Well, there is a News discussion and certainly any good news someone wants to post could go there so I guess it actually exists.   :-[

That section is focused on News related to Diabetes. The News Fader on top is meant to be used for forum news. Since we're not a very active forum, I was using it to announce forum features, especially as it is accessible by surfing guests. Since forum features are static in nature members ignore it after first glance. Hence, the idea to post some thing/s that keep changing on a daily basis.
I did not know it was supposed to be for Diabetes news.  The description under the title doesn't say that.
News
Share the latest news, views & information with other members here

I tend to have tunnel vision and just see the view of the forum from my perspective.  I do like the Good News set up and anything that helps the Pub draw more members is welcome.  I would not mind helping but right now I don't think a change is needed.
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

Quote from: walkerwally1 on February 13, 2018, 11:00:24 AM
I did not know it was supposed to be for Diabetes news.  The description under the title doesn't say that.

Made the correction.

Also gave Veteran members the access to News & Newsletter. See how you feel about it. We can always reverse this if you are not too comfortable.   
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

Im putting up 2-3 new stories everyday. Hope people look at the Good News Board.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

walkerwally1

Well, I never see it.  When I open the Pub I get the home page and I look at the column on the right and it gives me the recent and new posts and that is what I open.  I guess if I clicked on the forum link I would see the good news but I am looking for new items and this works best for me. 
Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"

skb

The Good News is only shown on the Index page of the forum. When you log in first, it's available, once you click on "New" in the Right panel and enter the post view, you will not see the Board. But, whatever makes you happy.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

rocky

I check in and go to the BG Tracker first, then I look at the New posts. I do see the News panel sometimes.  :(
My life is based on a true story.

skb

We're discontinuing with The Good News as it is of little interest to members. Will revert back to Chatter about the forum.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club

skb

Changes have been made. Thread is closed.
No meds since June 2011
Member of 5% A1c Club