You can help us

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

BG Converters

Diabetes Calculators
Blood Glucose equals

A1c to Avg. BG equals

Recent Posts

Temp Converter

oF o

High BG can cause depression

Started by skb, May 07, 2018, 11:11:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skb

The Iowa State University has found links between hypoglycaemia and depression. I remember being overwhelmed by negative thoughts when diagnosed and being poorly controlled. These thoughts vanished when I found better control with our WoE.

https://www.news.iastate.edu/news/2018/05/07/diabetesdepression
No meds since June 2011
Controlled by Diet & Exercise
Member of 5% A1c Club

Blog : Metabolically Challenged

You Tube Channel HEALTHY WEIGH

rocky

Me too skb. Was pretty much down all the time when I was poorly controlled. Thank God for you guys. I am in a very +ve frame now.
My life is based on a true story.

walkerwally1

I was never really depressed with my diabetes diagnosis.  For me "ignorance was bliss" applied.  When I was diagnosed my main reason for seeing the doctor was my blood pressure.  He was concentrating on my blood pressure and high cholesterol and added "oh, and you are also diabetic" and left it at that.  Back then there was not the access to the internet like today and I didn't know anything about testing and didn't kow there was such a thing as an A1c.  For 20 years I just went by my doctors advice and knew that I was doing just fine because every ont told me that " you are doing just fine".  When I started to question the fact that it didn't seem that I was doung "just fine" and I started doing research I found out that I was right and I was not doing well.  I could have become depressed at that point but I found out about lowering carbs and that it worked.  I was able to take control over my bg levels and have been good for the last 5 years.   

Type 2 since 1993.  Control with LCHF diet. 
A1c 5.4%   8/5/2024
Living in Mojave Desert, California, USA
"The 50-50-90 Rule.  Anytime you have a 50-50% chance of getting something right, there is a 90% chance you will get it wrong"